Photo

Look What I Bought...think Any Are Fixable?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nethervue

Nethervue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:11 AM

Picked this up from EBAY...havent recieved them yet. Think they can be fixed or at least combine the 3 to make 1 good one? If nothing else, I can put the cases to good use.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/w...wIt...A:IT&rd=1

#2 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:16 AM

1st xbox = blink.gif maybe A/V cable issue, not sure on that one
2nd xbox = hdd dead, modchip/new hdd needed
3rd xbox = same as 2nd xbox

It should run you about $50 for 2 modchips (duox 2's of coarse tongue.gif) and 2 stock hdd's. Then turn around and sell em' and one xbox alone should pay for what you bought for all 3 smile.gif

#3 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:45 AM

nice find!

good luck!!

#4 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

they have been opened before (holes in the stickers), if i were you, the minute you get them open them
up straight away and check for any damage to the mobo, if thats damaged then obviuosly they aint
gonna work.
i bought a couple off ebay a couple of weeks ago (only 40 - $75), the picture looked fine but when
i got them one was in a state, case was scratched and dvd drive kept jamming and its faceplate was
missing. Took the dvd drive apart and one of the plastic cogs was bent , fixed that, then plugged
my chip into them, reformated the HD's then installed Ndure to both of em!!!! biggrin.gif

Bargain!!!

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

3 from one trader.
Its to be hoped you have not just dropped for the lets throw loads of faulty bits into one machine scam.
Could be you drop lucky but always be prepared to write of the money paid.

#6 Nethervue

Nethervue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:54 AM

I have soft-modded all my other XBOXs, I'd like to get as chip or 2 to fox these...probably the easiest route, but low on funds. Is there any other way to install a new harddrive and soft-mod it? If there is, just point me in the right direction and I will read up. The boxes aren't here yet, so I got some time.

Thanks guys!

#7 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:35 AM

Well you can temporarily install a chip, replace the hdd, lock the hdd, reinstall dash files (and install softmod).
Then you can remove the chip and move onto the next.
Unless they are random parts thrown in a case (as Chancer suggested) they should all be ver 1.6 mobos (as all Canadian crystals are), so if you are considering a solderless solution for the temp chip, make sure you get one that is 1.6 compatible. I have bought off that seller on ebay before and have not been disappointed, however I can almost guarantee you that you have 3 dde thomsons stuffed in there. sad.gif

Edited by StrictPuppet, 15 September 2006 - 04:36 AM.

#8 Nethervue

Nethervue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

They are 1.6's eh? Damn...I can get an original XBIT on loan, but I think they are only campatible to 1.5. Whats my cheapest option for a solderless chip nowadays? Maybe I can get one used in the classifieds section in here...

#9 VerbalVenom

VerbalVenom

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Sep 14 2006, 11:42 PM) View Post

Well you can temporarily install a chip, replace the hdd, lock the hdd, reinstall dash files (and install softmod).
Then you can remove the chip and move onto the next.
Unless they are random parts thrown in a case (as Chancer suggested) they should all be ver 1.6 mobos (as all Canadian crystals are), so if you are considering a solderless solution for the temp chip, make sure you get one that is 1.6 compatible. I have bought off that seller on ebay before and have not been disappointed, however I can almost guarantee you that you have 3 dde thomsons stuffed in there. sad.gif

If not DDE, then just all thompsons. And we all know that the Crystals DON'T come with thompson drives. Maybe you lucked out though. For me I've had 3 ebay purchases on xboxs, 2 of 3 went bad, one of 2 was easily fixable. On one I opened the case and this guy just murdered the EEPROM chip. I mean, the chip itself was burned, at least 2 legs were off, and 2 pads lifted, and on the ohter side of the chip all the legs were soldered together. Of course his auction listing said that it worked but sometimes gave dirty disk. I never got DDE with the thompson, and it even boots backed up media. Second console was explained to have a DDE. Opened it up, there was a Thompson, and the HDD was on it's way south. Again, the Thompson played everything I threw at it. This Xbox was special though. When I was putting it together again, I noticed that some screws on the mobo were missing. So what I chose to do was to put the screws back in. I tried putting them in but they wouldnt' thread so I said to myself "how could this be?!". Anyway, I pulled the mobo out and flipped it over and when I looked there was a big ass piece of packaging tape. When I looked closer there was a lil wire connecting two points. Since his soldering skills blew, he taped the cable on there. I just ripped the tape off and took the cable out, and the xbox still booted fine.

This is the 3rd one I bought: Click!. I had to get it because from the box it was a 1.0/1.1, and the error code it displayed was an easy fix. I now found out that v1.0s with kernel 3944 DON'T GET ERRORS, so this might be another bad one. As far as the console goes, it was in immaculate condition. Never opened, the fans didn't even have any dust. This one was put in storage I can tell, so I kinda lucked out.

Edited by VerbalVenom, 15 September 2006 - 11:39 AM.

#10 r_one_oh_seven

r_one_oh_seven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

I bought a pair of 1.0s, both supposedly with flashing green/orange, indicating a bad video cable.

I got them both, one booted perfectly with both video cables and had a slow (but working) thompson.
The other booted with both included cables, but booted to an error 21 that eventually turned into an error 7. It also had a phillips v2 (that reads disks fine now) that had the top bashed in so it could not pull a disk in on the tray.

Interestingly, the one that booted fine had been opened before, but it was standard 1.0 stuff, down to the drive and everything.

Lesson: You never know what you're going to get.

EDIT: bootsed is not a word.

Edited by r_one_oh_seven, 15 September 2006 - 09:08 PM.

#11 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

an xecutor 2.6 w/xaptor is probably the cheapest chip, then do what strictpuppet said, done that with
the 2 i bought (using kingroaches ndure), there again duox2 chips are more than half the price but
you'll have to solder a pin header in, so you could just buy one duox, 3 pin headers and 3 lpc rebuilds
and have plenty of $$$$$$$$ left biggrin.gif

#12 Nethervue

Nethervue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:23 PM

I was hoping they were going to arrive today..nope. Thanks for all the suggestions...guess I will wait and see what I actually get and then decide. I will keep you all posted!!!

#13 Nethervue

Nethervue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

Hye guys,
Well the XBOXs haven't arrived yet, so I still haven't seen them...but I did order a chip, couldn't wait any longer.

http://www.divineo.c...us/dd-xb-goldsp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users