#1 I am dvs dea

I am dvs dea

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:47 PM

I have a problem when I try and make copies of my games I merge the ss.bin and iso with ss merger and i have a ****.dvd file but when I open it up I don't have what everyone else has which is "layer break line and image.000. I have get "layer break line" and "****.iso" (**** = title of game i.e. PGR3.iso). Am i doing something wrong? I have gotten to coasters already and don't want anymore. I am using a DVD-16x dvd-rom bdv316c to rip the game (using hotswap) and a NEC dvd-rw ND-3540A to burn the games. I have tried both dvd decrypter and clonecd and have come up with dirty disc error. Please help thanks....

#2 rat_poison

rat_poison

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(I am dvs dea @ Sep 14 2006, 11:54 AM) View Post

I have a problem when I try and make copies of my games I merge the ss.bin and iso with ss merger and i have a ****.dvd file but when I open it up I don't have what everyone else has which is "layer break line and image.000. I have get "layer break line" and "****.iso" (**** = title of game i.e. PGR3.iso). Am i doing something wrong? I have gotten to coasters already and don't want anymore. I am using a DVD-16x dvd-rom bdv316c to rip the game (using hotswap) and a NEC dvd-rw ND-3540A to burn the games. I have tried both dvd decrypter and clonecd and have come up with dirty disc error. Please help thanks....

SS merger - ... use 1.7b.

It has four inputs
- the .ISO file you ripped (wxripper/isobuster/whatever)
- the .ss.bin file (extracted with drive-tools or dvd-tools whatever...)
- the .dmi.bin file (optional - ...)
- the .pfi.bin file (optional - ...)

The program then oupts the .dvd file.

You use the .dvd file to burn using clone cd - or whatever else supports manual layerbreaking.

The .dvd file is nothing more than a text file dictating where the layerbreak is and which iso to use, the iso can be named *.tao, *.iso, *.000, *.whateverthefuckuwant... as long as the filename within the .dvd file matches the actual iso that was extracted. Avoid putting absolute paths in the .dvd - keep the .dvd with the iso.

Check my site (link in my sig.) to see how people have done with NEC burners - I'd recomend a Poineer - has yet to let me down anyway. Dirty disc errors - that could mean you're doing everything right - but your burner just isn't quite there. I burned 7 Verbatim coasters with an LG burner - did everything the same with a pioneer - and it worked.

Blah - yeah, any more questions? tongue.gif

Edited by rat_poison, 14 September 2006 - 05:17 PM.

#3 I am dvs dea

I am dvs dea

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

so is there a way to do it with a NEC burner? and thanks for all the help..what pioneer do you recommend?

#4 rat_poison

rat_poison

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(I am dvs dea @ Sep 14 2006, 02:35 PM) View Post

so is there a way to do it with a NEC burner? and thanks for all the help..what pioneer do you recommend?

pioneer - but NEC's compatibility may be alright - i don't know first hand. May be flakey at best - you might get 1/4 to work.

Check my site (in signature) - from what i can gather at first glance - NEC's are headache, 3 of 14 have worked, and of the 3 - all used Verbatim, 2 of 11 failures were also Verbatim...

In no way is that crap scientific (my site)... The database could be polluted with garbage entries - but for the most part - burner/media/rom combo's are accurate (i'd like to assume).

Edited by rat_poison, 14 September 2006 - 07:34 PM.

#5 gimpydingo

gimpydingo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

I have an NEC 3550A OEM and I flashed it the the modified 1.06 + bitsetting firmware. I have no coasters out of 10 discs, 3 Verbatim and 7 memorex. I burned a .dvd + iso and it played perfect. Just make sure you enter the layer break manualy in DVDDecrypter or make sure you have the latest ver clone that supports the LayerBreak command in the .dvd file.

#6 I am dvs dea

I am dvs dea

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:30 PM

ok just picked up a pioneer 710 burner, I hear it's the same as the 111d but what is up with "flashing" do you mean getting the newest drivers? or something else? Please help thanks. If i do have to "flash" it how do i do it and what version do I flash it to? the driver on it know says 5.1.2535.0. Thanks

#7 rat_poison

rat_poison

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE(I am dvs dea @ Sep 14 2006, 06:37 PM) View Post

ok just picked up a pioneer 710 burner, I hear it's the same as the 111d but what is up with "flashing" do you mean getting the newest drivers? or something else? Please help thanks. If i do have to "flash" it how do i do it and what version do I flash it to? the driver on it know says 5.1.2535.0. Thanks

just cut a disc already. prepare to be stunned.

can't speak for 710's... i prefer the real mccoy.

#8 Methadon

Methadon

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(I am dvs dea @ Sep 14 2006, 11:37 PM) View Post

Firmware is not the drivers. Do a google search on "Pioneer 710 firmware"(actually, you should open dvdinfopro or whatever and find your drive's model id, and google that).

Edited by Methadon, 18 September 2006 - 05:51 AM.

#9 custom_1

custom_1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

i will throw in my 2 cents. I believe if it's pointing to a image.000 or a game.iso it will still work either way, if dvd decryptor gives you a error about invalid image then try clone cd and add the layer break line back.

For burners, i myself use a 3540A nec, with liggy's 1.4 bitsetting firmware

For my hitachi 47dj drive i use Birdy_Hitachi-LG_friendly_Flasher_v2.2_with_Xtreme_v1.3_and_2.0 mediacheck2_FIXED

i've been using ritek discs and ALL have worked, i'm 100% so far with success rate and i'm not sure if it's the modified fw for the burner + the mediacheck2 but it's working with non verbatium discs in a nec3540A

#10 jonboyo

jonboyo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(custom_1 @ Sep 18 2006, 01:53 PM) View Post

i will throw in my 2 cents. I believe if it's pointing to a image.000 or a game.iso it will still work either way, if dvd decryptor gives you a error about invalid image then try clone cd and add the layer break line back.

For burners, i myself use a 3540A nec, with liggy's 1.4 bitsetting firmware

For my hitachi 47dj drive i use Birdy_Hitachi-LG_friendly_Flasher_v2.2_with_Xtreme_v1.3_and_2.0 mediacheck2_FIXED

i've been using ritek discs and ALL have worked, i'm 100% so far with success rate and i'm not sure if it's the modified fw for the burner + the mediacheck2 but it's working with non verbatium discs in a nec3540A

So you can get the NEC 3540A burning working discs for the 360 with a Hitachi drive?

#11 custom_1

custom_1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

yup, it seems if you use the "mediacheck" that is included in the above pack, it will play almost anything you throw at it. Just make sure you read up about birdies and the flashers history. Some people have had hard times with it. If it works for you, almost anything will work(if you take th ecorrect steps in burning at least). I would google "liggy nec " and find a release by him, and also bitset your dvdrw for dvd+R DL for dvd-rom. But for me, i have 100% sucess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users