#1 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

After updating to this latest Tech build (9/13) I have an odd problem with the user blade on the MC360 skin (lastest version straight from Blackbolts site). When I hit start and bring up the blade everything seems to work fine. But if I select one of the options (like "Extras"), the text from the initial menu stays as well. So I then have two layers of text on top of one another. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Oh yeah, I did delete all the old XBMC files (except AdvancedSettings.xml) before doing the install.

Thanks!

Edited by Thraxen, 14 September 2006 - 04:52 PM.

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

works fine for me sorry I'm sure lots of other people would of posted it if it didn't

#3 out4it

out4it

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 14 2006, 05:58 PM) View Post

works fine for me sorry I'm sure lots of other people would of posted it if it didn't

Happened to me. Black and white text. Have latest xbmc.

#4 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:21 AM

Try threatening your xbox, if that dosen't work I guess you are gonna have to kick it to show it who is boss.

#5 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:23 PM

This is a typical symptom of a none uptodate XBMC build and a botched MC360 install.

If you don't have the latest XBMC, then get it, if you do then you may have an issue with MC360.

NEVER overwrite MC360, always remove and reinstall. We regularly change file names, move IDs about etc, so just overwriting an old BETA with a new BETA is not an option sorry.

Read the Readme file and everything should go smoothly.

#6 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

I deleted the whole XBMC folder in my apps folder, then deleted face008 in udata and tdata. Then ftp'ed the new tech release and the new skin beta over, I still ran into this problem, but only when i used the mc360.tff font. The default font works fine.

So as maybe a fix for you try changing the font for the time being. Unfortunatly its what im having to do atm.

I can't figure out what i have done wrong, havent changed any of the file or added any mods or anything.

Regardless thank you everyone for the efforts you are putting into this skin, fantastic peice of work.

#7 salvia20x

salvia20x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

I think Iím having the same problem here. I'm using the latest T3CH build of XBMC (9/18/2006) and of course the latest XBMC 360 skin. I did not overwrite the old skin. My experience is the same as bkeny01 in the sense that I only have the problem when using mc360.ttf it goes away when I use the default font which unfortunately is almost unreadable on my SD rear projection TV. For now Iím using an old build of XBMC360. Maybe this is only a problem with us across the pond using NTSC? Here are some screenshots:

mc360.ttf

default font

P.S. Other than this small problem XBMC 360 is still the best skin I've seen for XBMC keep up the great work team blackbolt.

#8 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

Bingo, thats exactly whats happening on my screen.
Thanks for posting them screenshots salvia20x.

#9 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

Yeah they are right, I guess I am gonna hve to kick my xbox. It appears to me that they are misplaced text shadows.

#10 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

In the latest beta thread this has already been addressed and fixed by jezz_x. You could always try the search button people. And you shouldn't hijack other peoples thread with things that isn't the same thing or you won't get anwers nor help

#11 salvia20x

salvia20x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

Whoa, sorry Pheidias I thought Thaxen was talking about the same thing. Besides, isn't bug reporting the proper place to report these things not the latest beta thread? Thanks anyways for the info I download the fix by Jezz_X and everything seems to work okay.

#12 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

Don't apoligize to him you didn't so anything wrong. The whole point of this forum is to ask questions and get answerd, the search button isn't very reliable. I have searched for things and it couldn't find crap, but when I just travel around the forums I find answers more frquently. That guy is just a dousche.

#13 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:50 PM

A fix for this was posted here the day after release
http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=3660505

#14 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for making me a douche Roormonger for helping you all find the answer to your bug and just pointing out that you would probably get better result if you don't use a old thread that doesn't have anything to do with your problem...

#15 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

It is your condesending attitude that made you a dousche, not me. And how could you say that posting a bug in bugs reporting has nothing to do with the problem. It's cool when you try to help but don't be all snotty about it, like you have never had a problem you couldn't find the answer to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users