• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

OGM I bought a cheep ass XBOX at a pawn shop in town and when I got home I found out its been haxored! oh noes! Anyway it has EVOX bios and dashboard(?) on it I guess. I poped it open and the HDD LOOKS stock? I couldn't find a size rating on it but it was a WD cica 2002. anyway I also didn't seem to find any mod chip of any type hinding inside. so I guess it just has haxed bios SW on it? I'm new to this but not new to computers so I should be okay. one thing I have noticed so far. it doesn't play DVD? the DVD Playing option is there but it jumps over it when I select things! booo. so what can this thing do with EVOX but no modchip?

Jake

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

A modchip is only 1 way of many to get EVOX on your xbox. You could have a softmod or a TSOP flash. No matter what method you can do just about the same thing with all of them. Don't waste your time or money going on Xbox Live though.

To play dvd's you need to install dvdx2 or an equivalnt.

Edited by throwingks, 14 September 2006 - 07:00 PM.

#3 evilomen

evilomen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

Put Xbox Media Center on it if its not already, this one app with allow you to watch DVDs either from the DVD drive, your hard drive, or your computer's hard drive. You can stream music from the net, watch movie trailers, check the weather, among a lot more really sweet stuff.......

BTW, if you do want to play live on it, you have to find out how its modded. Can you boot to the MS dash at all (usually by pressing the eject button to start up)?

#4 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

His Xbox might be banned from Live already.

XBMC is way better than evox with DVDx2 by the way.

#5 MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

oh wow this media player thing sounds sweet! streaming video and music over the network would come in mighty handy for big tv action in basement!!

I'm pretty shure there isn't a chip in it. its just softmodded or whatever. I can get to the stock MS XBOX menus thru evoX. so XBMC doesn't run thru EVOX? I still need to figure out how to access the HD! somehow with FTP Ive gotten that far! I was about to take the HDD out and put it in my computer!

Jake

#6 evilomen

evilomen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

Yea, just FTP, I would deffinatly get rid of EvoX and replace it with XBMC as your dash....

If you want to keep EvoX you can put XBMC on there as a app, then just select it from the menu

Edited by evilomen, 14 September 2006 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users