should i get 2k or ea? nhl

#2 PONG/GEEZER

PONG/GEEZER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

There is reviews of both games on the Gamespot 360 site. I believe they both scored in the low 8s out of 10

#3 postaldude25

postaldude25

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:53 PM

here is some more info.

the 2k7 game got higher score then the EA game!
The ÉA game has better graphics, a new way to kontroll you hochey stick (make your own stick moves no mor press B button to fire etc = more new nexcxt gen stuff)

the NHL2k7 game got a better graphics score witch is the strangest thiong ever on game rewievs because the game looks 10 worse the EA NHL 07. and the game play is old and brings nothing to the game.

if you played NHL2k6 then you will feel that NHL2k7 is 2k6 with a patch and nothing more the graphics are horrible the game play si slow and wery easy to score goal with onetimers.

am realy mad that 2k7 got more score then EA because im having a really hard time understanding that

Go for EA Sports NHL 07 the 2k sports team are behind atleast 3 years in development of hochey games.
or play the game demos on xboxlive and choose one then,

(dont forget to look att the graphics its this months biggest lol because the diference is HUGE nhl2k7 is so bad that someoone that wrote the rewiev must got payd off a lot:D laugh.gif

#4 Category 5

Category 5

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:28 AM

The graphics aren't too much different, and the EA game is choppier animation wise. Also, the player faces aren't as detailed on 2K7, but they look more like the real players.

The animation is where 2K7 beats the crap out opf 07 though. 07 has the same computer animated skaters...2K7 feels like real motion captured skating, and transitions from forward to bakward and stops feel like you are really skating.

Overall, true hockey fans will still probably like 2K7 more...even though the EA game is glossier and has the stick control, take away the graphics and it doesn't compare.

#5 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:30 AM

thanks for the feedback, ill just rent them both and wait till the price drops to 39.99 b4 buying one, and thats if im still interested in playing hockey at that point in time, i love me some hockey but this 59.99 price tag has got to stop

damn gamestop and EB are only giving us 20-25 $$$ per game yet still selling them at 55.99 used, this is BS, a lot of games im just gonna have to wait for

the 2k series used to sell @ 19.99 all the time no matter what, what up with 2K selling @ 59.99, ill just wait 6 months for all sports game since they aint worth a damn after that anyway

the only sports game worth the new price tag was fight night 3 and now thats worth crap for trade in, i would still have it if it wasnt for the fact that when the FNR4 come out 3 is worth 10$$$, i had to get rid of it while it was still worth it

sorry for getting off topic, if 07 was 59.99 and 2k7 was 39.99 which is what it should be, id prolley buy 2k7, but now im not buying either, gotta love gamefly or blockbuster 30 day rental pass

#6 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:08 AM

I can't compare to 2k7 vs 07. But I love 07. The skaters and animations are pretty darn good. The puck physics are on par and I saw a post on ea forums that a guy who plays hockey think it's pretty well done. I dont know about computer animations but I don't see it.

In any case I win some and lose but I have a good record going and staal is a great scoring threat. I was down one game a 4-1 then in the 3rd I score 5. Last goal the computer pull their goalie and I scored again. I don't know what sparked the comeback but it was amazing. In the 3rd the shots just went in. I was in awe. I think it's a great game. I hardly ever score 6. I may of scored 4 2-3 times out of many games. But that was the best match I've had. I think 2k7 has better presentation. I'm certain many of you who have 2k7 think the game is better than the demo. While the presentation was cool, the gameplay was blah. It just felt empty.

Edited by amb7247, 16 September 2006 - 06:11 AM.

#7 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:32 AM

just rented 2k7 today and thus far gameplay is awsome, the game really flows, skaters move almost pefect, this is the best of the 2k series by far

it is easy to score goals on am or pro difficulty but put it on allstar or hall of fame and your in for a tough game

#8 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(Category 5 @ Sep 15 2006, 08:35 PM) View Post

Overall, true hockey fans will still probably like 2K7 more...even though the EA game is glossier and has the stick control, take away the graphics and it doesn't compare.

I play hockey and live in the state of hockey and 07 is much better. The game moves at a realistic pace, and hockey is not one timer, one timer, one timer, one timer, wrap around, one timer. I can't stand that crap from 2K.

#9 Achtung

Achtung

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(brooksie48 @ Sep 17 2006, 03:19 PM) View Post

I play hockey and live in the state of hockey and 07 is much better. The game moves at a realistic pace, and hockey is not one timer, one timer, one timer, one timer, wrap around, one timer. I can't stand that crap from 2K.

No actually the first guy was right, I myself have also played hockey for many years and live in the Country of Hockey, but that doesn't do anything to make 07 better than 2k7.

I've played both 2k7 and 07. I bought 07 based on the shoot out demo because the graphics were amazing, stick control is awesome and the goalie animations were like nothing before I really thought EA had finally got it right. But after playing the full game that's exactly what 07 is basically a shoot out demo. There is no doubt the control stick is a great feature in 07 and the visuals are out of this world but it still lacks way behind 2k7 in skating animations fluidity and defense! and anyone that is a hardcore hockey fan will say the same.

eg. Just skate backwards with a d-man in 07 and press to the right he litterly floats to the right with his legs straight not to mention all the other terribly jerky transition animations.

Saying that 2k7 is far from perfect, it still has terrible stick handling, goalie animations and shooting control and the whole one timer is the only way to score as well as the visuals just being so last gen. But its skating animations and defense are much, much better way closer to reality than 07.

In all honesty I'm disappointed in both games, I love NHL 07's graphics, goalie animations and stick control but hate its lack of a defensive game. NHL 2k7's defense is totally realistic as well as its fluidity but the graphics totally suck and some of the offensive parts of the game are terrible. At this moment I have chosen NHL 07 but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it......No pun intended

Edited by Achtung, 17 September 2006 - 07:59 PM.

#10 iPwn

iPwn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:21 PM

all in all, they both are great, but i like 2k better. But again it seems that the person who started this thread has tried them both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users