tlamb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:42 AM

I bought THIS cable and i do not know which plug to put where the first three are facing one way with the red wire on the right when teh plugs are facing you with the notch on the top and the last two are facing the other way above the three. i am only connecting 2hdd + a dvd drive to a motherboard in it and i want the 2 hdd to be on the same channel so i can select which one i want to use by allowing power to one and not the other

Edited by tlamb, 16 September 2006 - 06:44 AM.

#2 Lamer123

Lamer123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

Whichever hard drive gets power via the switch will be the one that will show up and be used.

When you have a hard drive plugged into the ide cable without power it is like it is not their at all.

So put your DVD drive on the primary slave (the first one that comes off the connection) and put your other two drives on the outer ones .

#3 neovader

neovader

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:02 PM

the cable you have was a replacement cable for the original xtender case mods, they came with really crappy cables and even the 2.0 versions didn't work well. I use this on my xtender and haven't experienced any problems. This is how the cable is installed if you are using three drives, if you have less, you get the picture. I found putting each drive to cable select works best

IPB Image[/img]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users