#1 Ocybress

Ocybress

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 May 2003 - 08:08 PM

1. how do i get Evox (the latest Ver) on my xbox i have the XL2 with the Cromwell 1.8 bios and i have Xlinux on it (Mandrake 9.0) so how do i get it to work? blink.gif

2. in the linux network setup what driver do i use for the ethernet connection in the xbox ? blink.gif

well thx for you help if any

and more probs you can look at and posibly help me out with. pop.gif

(this was in a last post and a few others that were not answoerd anyware els so i cam here)

ok befor i get into all the Q's im using a Executor 2 light mod chip that that has t5he Xbox linux clean bios 1.8 in it and its go tsome majore probs look at em and see if you can tell me how to fix em my e-mails at the bottom of this topic thx and good luck ...

Ok iv installed all the stuff I have Xbox Linux mandrake 9.0 on my box and I get the two extra options which don’t work for some reason ill get into that in a sec any way when you boot with the chip in it comes up with screen that says Xbox Linux clean bios 1.8

Then you get the options at the bottom ok well threes a little pic of a chip at the bottom and when I select it with closing the DVD try it says setup is not done please reboot and try again wtf I wrong with it did I do something to it or what any way

That’s the first Q now for number 2 really quick one

Since I have the mod chip installed will I be able to

Install and keep xbox-linux-mandrake-9.0

And

Install

EvolutioX and run it as well?

And will still be able to play games on top of all that ?

And for the last and final Q since you guys are the ones who made the chip maybe you could help me out on this one ok first as you know Iv done all the stuff I said up there a few lines up and just to let you know HDA3 is empty is that supposed to happen?

Ok after installing Linux I get two new options ok the furthest to the left and the second furthest to the left

Ok this is what I get when I try to do the vary first option

=================================================
First option “/dev/hda/boot/linuxboot.cfg”

Booting from /dev/hda2

Looking for optional /boot/linuxboot.cfg…

Linuxboot.cfg not found, using defaults

Command line: root=/dev/hda2 devfs=mount kbd-reset

Loading /boot/vmlinuz Unable to load kernel, Grub error 15

“Btw what is a Grub error”
second option /dev/hda/boot/vmlinuz

Booting from /dev/hda2

Command line: root=/dev/hda2 devfs=mount kbd-reset

Loading /boot/vmlinuz Unable to load kernel, Grub Error 15

“Again what is a Grub Error 15”

o and what driver o i use for th ethernet card thats installed with it im using a cable modom if that helps ...

Thank you for you time and help please e-mail me back at this address

Ocybress@kc.rr.com

Or just reply w/e works

soo many probs well later

does any one know ware i can find a good quality WORKING NO GRUB ERRORS or shit like that working Kernel Bios for the Xbox linux Distu ver im running the 1.8 linux bios right now and its givin me grub errors and stuff like that fun eh o and im running teh Mandrake 9.0 if that helps but any way i need a good bios one that isn't messed up

o and i was wondering if..
Since I have the Executor 2 light mod chip installed will I be able to

Install and keep xbox-linux-mandrake-9.0
And
Install
EvolutioX and run it as well?
And will still be able to play games on top of all that ?
and have it all work properly?
if not tell me what the better salution is and what to do..

o and for some reason my Cd rom drive isint recognized with linux man my Box is in a world of hert please help me out if you can and if yu woryed about posting a link to a bios image or just postig a bios send the link to OCybress@kc.rr.com

thanks and more probs on the way..
...just kidding...i hope
later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users