5 replies to this topic

#1 deadsexyfat

deadsexyfat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:00 PM

im pretty some of you guys has seen this tutorial, its been out a while now and im about to try it, im low on cash so ill just use my crappy e machines computer atx witch pumps out 300w. Let me get this straight since the pictures on the website that shows the tutorial is offline... I cut my atx (xbox 360) at the brick, then buy a molex like this.. http://www.cbit.ca/m...?...D374&Cat=23 cut it in half then solder the black to the black the yellow to the yellow red to red and blue to blue.

still leaving like 10 wires alone in the molex. Then i take the molex that i just worked with and connect it to the molex on the atx wire.. and then power it up.

PLEASE SOMONE TELL ME THIS IS ALL RIGHT...

Edited by deadsexyfat, 18 September 2006 - 05:01 PM.

#2 nekkron99

nekkron99

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(deadsexyfat @ Sep 18 2006, 09:07 AM) View Post

im pretty some of you guys has seen this tutorial, its been out a while now and im about to try it, im low on cash so ill just use my crappy e machines computer atx witch pumps out 300w. Let me get this straight since the pictures on the website that shows the tutorial is offline... I cut my atx (xbox 360) at the brick, then buy a molex like this.. http://www.cbit.ca/m...?...D374&Cat=23 cut it in half then solder the black to the black the yellow to the yellow red to red and blue to blue.

still leaving like 10 wires alone in the molex. Then i take the molex that i just worked with and connect it to the molex on the atx wire.. and then power it up.

I'm bumping this because I don't want to see you kill your psu...also because your name reminds me of this girl in my barracks in Korea. Me and my roommates all called her "Sexy-Fat"...and not because she was sexy...lol. Some big girls just shouldn't wear certain clothes, know what I'm saying. wink.gif

#3 deadsexyfat

deadsexyfat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

my xboc psu died on me a while ago and ill ready bought a second xbox 360 so basicly i nothing to lose i just want to comfirm if everything is right so i can go for it

#4 deadsexyfat

deadsexyfat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

bumpp....

#5 Glass Man 319

Glass Man 319

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Stained Glass<br />Wood Working <br />1979 280zx<br />Civil Engeering
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:08 PM

I am ready to try the same with an extra 360 purchased for a back up dvd drive on the pc. I have a few questions about getting it right, not just doing it. the power from most electonics is cut down from the 110 volts to 12 volts by "switching" the singal off and on, an atx power supply is not a switching type. It just kind of starts and stops to produce a curved power wave. good switching power supplies that are the switching type are used in high end musical insturaments to produce a flat wave ; clean power, which I've read the 360 needs. so we know a atx will work. but what kind of equipment does one need to test the powerbrick and find a replacement that has room for add ons such as lights, water cooling and so on. I know a retro fit will require a custom case.

#6 GSX

GSX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(deadsexyfat @ Sep 18 2006, 12:07 PM) View Post

Not sure which tutorial ur talking about..but this one is up, and works.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=512276
Now as for the plug , the connection will work as long as u got a male/female combination( I reccomend a X-connect PSU, the cable unplugs at the case). The wiring tho, ur a bit wrong. You don't conect anything to the blue wire on the ATX PSU side. You have to use a transistor, from the blue on the "360", interconnected with the green and black form the ATX PSU(essencially when u hit power on the 360, the blue powers on, and crosses the green and black to power the PSU on). Just read the link I posted, it will explain everything.

QUOTE(Glass Man 319 @ Sep 18 2006, 06:15 PM) View Post

I am ready to try the same with an extra 360 purchased for a back up dvd drive on the pc. I have a few questions about getting it right, not just doing it. the power from most electonics is cut down from the 110 volts to 12 volts by "switching" the singal off and on, an atx power supply is not a switching type. It just kind of starts and stops to produce a curved power wave. good switching power supplies that are the switching type are used in high end musical insturaments to produce a flat wave ; clean power, which I've read the 360 needs. so we know a atx will work. but what kind of equipment does one need to test the powerbrick and find a replacement that has room for add ons such as lights, water cooling and so on. I know a retro fit will require a custom case.

I wouldn't worry about the signal. If it's good enough foar a PC then it good enough for a XBOX laugh.gif Custom case? Just keep the ATX in it's original case....or are you talking about the 360 case uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users