X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

G'Day,

I just updated to the latest release of both XBMC and MC360. Upgrade was done by renaming the old XBMC directory and uploading fresh new versions of both. I then copied back the XBMC\Userdata directory to preserve settings and database etc.

Almost everything was working fine except I noticed that a password protected (locked) share was accessible without being prompted for the password (not good given what I have available in it!!!). I found that the Master Lock was disabled. It did allow me to go through the motions of enabling it and entering the password twice. But if I then exited from that and went back to my video bookmarks I was still able to get into the protected one without a password. Also pressing the white button on a share did not reveal any of the lock settings. I went back to the Master Lock settings and it was disabled again!

I did all this 3 times to ensure I hadn't made any mistakes but the results were always the same. The setting of the Master Lock just doesn't seem to stick. My final attempt was to switch to PMIII and try using that. It all worked first go. It allowed me to set the Master Lock and then my protected share worked as expected. I changed back to MC360 and everything was still working fine.

So it seems there is a bug in MC360 and its ability to save the Master Lock settings.

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

You just need to press start to exit out of the Lock Prefernces Blade instead of back XBMC changed it

#3 SydneyGuy

SydneyGuy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:33 PM

OK I will have another look in the next day or two. At least if it breaks again I can fix it easily in PMIII. The only real difference I could see in the way the two skins handled it was that there is an OK button in PMIII to finalise everything. There is no such button in MC360 so this is probably where the Start/Back button comes into play as you mentioned in your reply. There is definitely no mention of pressing Start on the screen at that point.

#4 SydneyGuy

SydneyGuy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 19 2006, 10:18 PM) View Post

You just need to press start to exit out of the Lock Prefernces Blade instead of back XBMC changed it

I just upgraded to the lastest release of XBMC and MC360 and once again it had disblaed the Master Lock and again I was unable to set it with MC360.

You can't press Start to exit out of the Lock Prefs Blade. If you press Start you just get the Guide Blade. If you exit out of that you end up back at the Lock Prefs again. The only option is to press Back but when you do that you lose any settings that you just made.

Last time I changed to PC3 and I was able to make the required settings so I tried this again and it worked fine. The main difference is that on the PM3 screen there is an OK button for you to select. If this OK button were on the MC360 version of the window then I am sure it would work as well.

Have a look yourself Jezz, it is very easy to reproduce.

#5 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

You can get a quick patch to fix this here
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=551622

#6 SydneyGuy

SydneyGuy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the quick fix Jezz. It's working fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users