5 replies to this topic

#1 lakersmike

lakersmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:16 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a dispute with lex_luther23. I was told upon purchasing a premodded xbox 360 that it would be brand new. What I received was a used system. He states that he mistakinly sent me the wrong system with someone elses, which I can understand. He told me he would refund me my money back if I didnt want that system(which sounds fair). So I said "ok". Then the next reply he said he changed his mind and all sales are final. Then he said that it was my fault because I was buging him too much and he said that I told him that it was for my kids birthday. Then I told him
1) I dont have a kid and I never harased you on when the system would come
2) You are thinking of a different customer.

Here is the whole post:
its starts on the bottom of page 4 and continues from there.

Xbox-scene community, look it over and see if its fair what he is doing. I think it is really unfair.

#2 iPwn

iPwn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:32 PM

this is the chance you take with someone with fair feedback, and no community backup up (like ebay..), sorry to hear man, how did you pay him? pop.gif

#3 dubbalubagis

dubbalubagis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:53 PM

Hi,

Not to butt in at all but the "rules" state that you may not create a new topic about a poor transaction.

"If you are ripped off, the only thing you are allowed to do on XS is to report it in the thread of the seller/buyer/trader ONCE. Alternatively you can make a note in your signature stating your grievance with the user. What you cannot do is spam other XS forums with your complaints. Do not make threads complaining about transaction that have gone bad. Do NOT contact staff complaining that a user has ripped you off. Do NOT make new threads in this or any other XS forum complaining about the "user" that ripped you off."

HOWEVER, I did read the other thread and it does seem that you are not at fault. The problem is that Lex_luther23 seems to be extremely childish about the whole situation and that he bit off more than he could chew by trying to make a few dollars. As iPwn stated maybe you can get your money back threw whatever service you used to pay him. Good luck!

#4 lakersmike

lakersmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

I paid thim through paypal. I just want to thank you for your support, dubbalubagis and iPwn. I have nothing against him. All I really want is what I ordered, or simply my money back as he once promised.

#5 dubbalubagis

dubbalubagis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:23 PM

You do run a high risk on forums like these. You have young children who aren't used to dealing with situations in a respectable manner. The other problem is no matter how positive the references are if something goes wrong with the transaction most of those people I just spoke of don't have the maturity to fix the problem no matter whos fault it is/was.

When someone doesn't use proper english/typing skills when posting it is kind of a red flag. Just a helpful hint for next time! I am done on this matter, I think I just needed to vent. You should move the topic back to personal relations with him. No one is going to be able to get your money back in this forum other than you. If it was me I would pursue the issue, I wouldn't just let it slide and eat the cost. This has happened to the best of us, once again good luck.

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:04 PM

What they said, no topics about other users, only complain in their threads.

Closed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users