X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:15 AM

ZsnexBox 2.95

What's New:

2.95 Fixes:

-More tweaks to the rumble. It seems to be working correct when loading savestates or using rewind. Before, if you used rewind in the middle of a rumble, the rumble would not disable (even when you exited the game). Sometimes it would cause a crash, so hopefully this is fixed as well.

Install:
This is just an upgrade. Download version 2.92 first and then copy the default.xbe in this upgrade over the the 2.92 one.

#2 XboXP

XboXP

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

wow, great works!!!!

Quick question about the rumble feature, I play Mortal Kombat 2 with the default Rumble file in Zsnesxbox 2.92, and in two player mode, the second player will not rumble. I even copy the setting of controller 1 to the controller 2, but it will not rumble. This not only happpen in this game, but it happens in every game. What do I need to do to get it working? Thanks!!

#3 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:58 AM

awesome thanks nes
well, all of the rumble codes are for player one ...
i got the one for player 2 in mario kart for the coins .. just need to find the the other one ..
great find on the other code for mario kart nes

Edited by GLiTcH, 20 September 2006 - 02:09 AM.

#4 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(GLiTcH @ Sep 20 2006, 02:05 AM) View Post

awesome thanks nes
well, all of the rumble codes are for player one ...
i got the one for player 2 in mario kart for the coins .. just need to find the the other one ..
great find on the other code for mario kart nes

Exactly. You'll need to search for the player 2 lifebar in MK2 and assign that to Rumble Slot 2

#5 cr4ck3rj4ck

cr4ck3rj4ck

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:43 AM

I want to thank nes6502 for putting so much work into this emulator, this is by far the best SNES emulator for the xbox (in my opinion). I just tried ZSNES (version 2.94) for the first time earlier today and I was very impressed! Thanks for all of your hard work and I look forward to future updates and improvements!

#6 marioman68

marioman68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:21 AM

ok i know u guys are really tired of my saying this but my roms still dont show up, i left everthing how it is in the path and i deleted my roms and put them back on in the same folder the the path says but still nothing, am i missing something or what, they all worked great in 2.8. sorry agin to keep sayi this but i would like to figer thiis out, thanks

#7 crewde

crewde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:21 AM

quick question... is it possible to make the rewind function a little slower? when i press rewind for most games it goes crazy and skips backwards like 15 seconds by just pressing the trigger once lightly

xports emus work perfect on this but zsnesbox seems a little jumpy

#8 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:55 AM

I don't have any requests.

I just want to compliment you nes, on creating one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

When you look at the hulking amount of features and the brilliant quality, this is a masterpiece on par with Xport emulators, but with a style and appeal of its own. This is my favorite emulator I have ever played and it gets even more useful tweaks with every release. The rumble features was a brilliant idea too. I was in that thread when you came up with it, and I was like "Wow, that's an amazing connection I never would have realised, using code search addresses to measure for rumbles". I was truly impressed. I'm not a coder or anything, but I know I appreciate a stunning piece of obviously hard and thorough work.

Thank you nes.

#9 Fox the Sly

Fox the Sly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:57 AM

Sweet, it's great to see someone so dedicated to his project.

Also, don't forget to update your sig. tongue.gif

#10 Harlock_Gbase

Harlock_Gbase

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:00 AM

Oh no, now i have the same problem, My roms don't show up anymore with version 2.95. Until version 2.94 everything worked perfectly! Tried reinstall everything from scratch but woth no luck sad.gif

#11 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(marioman68 @ Sep 20 2006, 03:28 AM) View Post

ok i know u guys are really tired of my saying this but my roms still dont show up, i left everthing how it is in the path and i deleted my roms and put them back on in the same folder the the path says but still nothing, am i missing something or what, they all worked great in 2.8. sorry agin to keep sayi this but i would like to figer thiis out, thanks

They must have file extensions. Zip them all up individually might be the easiest fix. But then again, I don't know if ZSNES can load a file inside a zip that has no extension (like smc, swc, etc...). There are tutorials around on mass renaming the files in a directory and adding extensions. I'd do this.

QUOTE(crewde @ Sep 20 2006, 03:28 AM) View Post

quick question... is it possible to make the rewind function a little slower? when i press rewind for most games it goes crazy and skips backwards like 15 seconds by just pressing the trigger once lightly

xports emus work perfect on this but zsnesbox seems a little jumpy

Yup. This can be adjusted in the General Options menu.

QUOTE(Harlock_Gbase @ Sep 20 2006, 08:07 AM) View Post

Oh no, now i have the same problem, My roms don't show up anymore with version 2.95. Until version 2.94 everything worked perfectly! Tried reinstall everything from scratch but woth no luck sad.gif

Are you saying "some" or "none" of your roms show up?

If they all show up in 2.94 then they should all show up in 2.95. There is no difference in the ROM scanning code. That was done after 2.8. Do they all (I would check to be sure) have extensions? If so, what are they?

If none of the roms show up, that means you edited the Path.ini and maybe forgot the ending "\" or something similar, can you post exactly what's in the Path.ini (case sensitive)?

Edited by nes6502, 20 September 2006 - 09:26 AM.

#12 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Sep 19 2006, 10:02 PM) View Post

When you look at the hulking amount of features and the brilliant quality, this is a masterpiece on par with Xport emulators, but with a style and appeal of its own.

nes6502 has not only matched Xports quality, but surpassed them in some areas (no disrespect to you, xport, as your emu's are top notch). I would have never though that possible post Zsnexbox.

Kudos, nes....

#13 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Hopeful @ Sep 20 2006, 05:02 AM) View Post

I don't have any requests.

I just want to compliment you nes, on creating one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

When you look at the hulking amount of features and the brilliant quality, this is a masterpiece on par with Xport emulators, but with a style and appeal of its own. This is my favorite emulator I have ever played and it gets even more useful tweaks with every release. The rumble features was a brilliant idea too. I was in that thread when you came up with it, and I was like "Wow, that's an amazing connection I never would have realised, using code search addresses to measure for rumbles". I was truly impressed. I'm not a coder or anything, but I know I appreciate a stunning piece of obviously hard and thorough work.

Thank you nes.

Thanks. I'm glad you (and everyone else) enjoys it as much as I have enjoyed making it.

#14 EuroHEV

EuroHEV

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

Once again, good work NES6502! And about the rumble, anybody know a good place to download RMB files for SNES games?

#15 [dbx]

[dbx]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

Great work on Zsnexbox - certainly one of the sexiest emus on xbox. Keep up the good work fella...

Surprised no-one's mentioned this small issue already as it's been like this for several versions, but some of the options settings aren't getting saved to the ini (seems there's no ini entries for them at all) so they reset to default every time Zsnexbox starts.

The options in question are:

Region
Show Zipfile Contents
# of Rewind States
Rewind 1/2 Seconds
Disable Key Combo
Display Free Memory

Again, massive props to nes for everything you've done on this emu smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users