guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

EuroHEV, for now its best to do what we're doing and list them in a format that can be copied and pasted into a text file rather than uploading configs. The reason I say this is because now that we have many people working on it (I'm used to doing this alone) different people can find different rumbles, that add to the overall experience. There is no real limit to what you can make rumble, just how creative you are, and how well you can find the rumbles you want. I'd say maybe in a week, when games are more towards 100%, like Mario Kart seems to be going, I'd have people upload them to XER (link in my sig). Considering all of the hype surrounding the rumble (nobody seemed to care like I did that its currently enabled in Xport's NES, Atari 2600, Virtual Boy, and Playstation emu's) I think we can get a solid lineup of games with complete rumble setups. I'm absolutely loving this, and I pray to god that this 2.95 will fix my probs as I can't stand not being able to make rumbles grr.gif

#17 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:08 PM

There is no doubt in my mind now that something in Zsnexbox's save settings is causing my problem. After upgrading I am STILL getting the same exact cheat results no matter what changes. Also after playing around with rumbles and exiting out of the game back to the gui it freezes on me. I'm gonna completely delete the E:/ save folder and see what happens.

Edit: Deleted the E:/Zsnexbox folder and it changed absolutely nothing; still have the same problems. Any idea what the hell is going on? This is seriously driving me nuts, and apparently isn't affecting anyone else sad.gif.

Edited by guybird, 20 September 2006 - 12:25 PM.

#18 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(guybird @ Sep 20 2006, 12:15 PM) View Post

After upgrading I am STILL getting the same exact cheat results no matter what changes.

What do you mean "same exact cheat results"?

Also after playing around with rumbles and exiting out of the game back to the gui it freezes on me. I'm gonna completely delete the E:/ save folder and see what happens.

Tried changing the Savepartition? Maybe there is some issue with your E partition. It never crashes for me on game exit. It did happen once, but I've never been able to make it happen again. Are you saying it happens for you every time you exit a game?

Edited by nes6502, 20 September 2006 - 12:28 PM.

#19 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

Deleted the E:/Zsnexbox folder and it changed absolutely nothing; still have the same problems.

Then I just checked out the actual cheat save file, and the rumble file. The cheat file is correct and fine, HOWEVER my rumble file (for Super Mario World but this shouldn't make any difference) looks like this:

That's it... From looking at the other examples, I'm not exactly sure on the format to manually type this in, but it looks as though I should at least have another section that has the description line, and the rumble strengths/times and the memory address that they are assigned to. I guess the question is now, why is my emu not saving the correct info?

My E partition isn't full by any means, and the cheat/sram/GG/etc save fine so I guess I can try another partition but I don't think that's gonna help.

Lemme explain the problem a bit more: In Super Mario All Stars, Mario 1, I was trying to get the rumble for points, which would handle busting bricks, hitting enemies, etc. I searched, got 7 results. Every single one gave me a constant rumble which seemed to be timed to the timer countdown. No biggie I thought, I just stumbled upon the timer rumble. Well, any and every way I searched, modified the rumble settings to decrease/increase/change it still would rumble the exact same way; no matter what. Then after any time I played with rumble settings, and exit out to the gui, it'd freeze.

Edit: Changed the save partiton to F and still get the same result: Rumble file still only has 1 on the first line then 0 on the next. It seems to make for a constant rumble with that setting, and this is what happens for every rom for me.

Edited by guybird, 20 September 2006 - 12:44 PM.

#20 porchepuppy

porchepuppy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:51 PM

wow this is great, keep up the good work:) i love this emulator

#21 Barbie_on_Weed

Barbie_on_Weed

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:57 PM

any chance on adding a text file loader with the codes for
the cheat code search,
like you did for game genie and pro action replay?
its easier to add the codes on my computer and the
load it from a text file.

Edited by Barbie_on_Weed, 20 September 2006 - 01:00 PM.

#22 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(guybird @ Sep 20 2006, 12:43 PM) View Post

Deleted the E:/Zsnexbox folder and it changed absolutely nothing; still have the same problems.

Then I just checked out the actual cheat save file, and the rumble file. The cheat file is correct and fine, HOWEVER my rumble file (for Super Mario World but this shouldn't make any difference) looks like this:

That's it... From looking at the other examples, I'm not exactly sure on the format to manually type this in, but it looks as though I should at least have another section that has the description line, and the rumble strengths/times and the memory address that they are assigned to. I guess the question is now, why is my emu not saving the correct info?

My E partition isn't full by any means, and the cheat/sram/GG/etc save fine so I guess I can try another partition but I don't think that's gonna help.

Lemme explain the problem a bit more: In Super Mario All Stars, Mario 1, I was trying to get the rumble for points, which would handle busting bricks, hitting enemies, etc. I searched, got 7 results. Every single one gave me a constant rumble which seemed to be timed to the timer countdown. No biggie I thought, I just stumbled upon the timer rumble. Well, any and every way I searched, modified the rumble settings to decrease/increase/change it still would rumble the exact same way; no matter what. Then after any time I played with rumble settings, and exit out to the gui, it'd freeze.

Edit: Changed the save partiton to F and still get the same result: Rumble file still only has 1 on the first line then 0 on the next. It seems to make for a constant rumble with that setting, and this is what happens for every rom for me.

Are you saying the ONLY thing in your mario rumble file is:

There are not 10 completely separate entries (where each entry is 13 lines each)?

That's the problem and the you are getting a crash.

The rmb file should look just like this one:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=548967

The third line of every code will almost allways be invisible, but there is something there.

I also do not do any error checking when reading this file. I assume every rumble file will have "exactly" 130 lines. If there are only 2 lines in the entire file, I'm still trying to read the other 128 lines ans assigning the values to the rumble settings. That could cause lots of problems like the rumbling getting messed up, Xbox crash, etc....

What is the exact name of your Super Mario All Stars rom with the path to where it is?

First of all, can you do the following:

1) Delete the rmb file you have. Start Super Mario All Stars again but don't make any rumbles. Post what the rmb file is before you create rumbles. It should have 130 lines and all the descriptions should say "Enter Description Here". If it doesn't send/post the rumble file so I can look at it. Otherwise, continue to the next step.

2) Try and make 1 rumble for something easy, like the timer counting down.
3) See if it works. If it does, exit ZsnexBox and make a backup of this rmb file.
4) This time make a rumble for slot 2 as well.

If this scenario causes the messed up rmb file, please post (or send me) both (the last known correct with the messed up one) rmb files so I can compare them.

QUOTE(Barbie_on_Weed @ Sep 20 2006, 01:04 PM) View Post

any chance on adding a text file loader with the codes for
the cheat code search,
like you did for game genie and pro action replay?
its easier to add the codes on my computer and the
load it from a text file.

If someone was to make one I would. But since one doesn't exist and would have to be made from scratch using the emulator, I'm less inclined to add support since it may never get used.

Edited by nes6502, 20 September 2006 - 01:50 PM.

#23 Barbie_on_Weed

Barbie_on_Weed

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Sep 20 2006, 02:55 PM) View Post

If someone was to make one I would. But since one doesn't exist
and would have to be made from scratch using the emulator,
I'm less inclined to add support since it may never get used.

im making codes for it, right now i have codes for 5 or 6 games and im
looking for more games to add to the list, so if anyone have suggestion
on games to find codes for let me know smile.gif

#24 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Sep 20 2006, 08:55 AM) View Post

I also do not do any error checking when reading this file. I assume every rumble file will have "exactly" 130 lines. If there are only 2 lines in the entire file, I'm still trying to read the other 128 lines ans assigning the values to the rumble settings. That could cause lots of problems like the rumbling getting messed up, Xbox crash, etc....

What is the exact name of your Super Mario All Stars rom with the path to where it is?

First of all, can you do the following:

1) Delete the rmb file you have. Start Super Mario All Stars again but don't make any rumbles. Post what the rmb file is before you create rumbles. It should have 130 lines and all the descriptions should say "Enter Description Here". If it doesn't send/post the rumble file so I can look at it. Otherwise, continue to the next step.

Deleted the old rumble and started the game. Played for a minute, exited out. Checked the rumble and here it is:

;Blank space here

So as I thought, its not making the 130 lines of code, only 3. This is all BEFORE trying to make/test new rumbles. The rom name matches the rumble file exactly: Super Mario All-Stars (U) [!].rmb . The rom is in F:/Emulators/Super Nintendo (ZSNES)/roms/Super Mario All-Stars (U) [!].zip. The one odd thing about this is when I intially go to select a game, I have a blank listing. I hit the up directory (...) and there are my roms. The ini is set to D:/roms so why is it starting in some phantom folder? Is this the problem?

#25 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(guybird @ Sep 20 2006, 04:57 PM) View Post

Deleted the old rumble and started the game. Played for a minute, exited out. Checked the rumble and here it is:

;Blank space here

So as I thought, its not making the 130 lines of code, only 3. This is all BEFORE trying to make/test new rumbles. The rom name matches the rumble file exactly: Super Mario All-Stars (U) [!].rmb . The rom is in F:/Emulators/Super Nintendo (ZSNES)/roms/Super Mario All-Stars (U) [!].zip. The one odd thing about this is when I intially go to select a game, I have a blank listing. I hit the up directory (...) and there are my roms. The ini is set to D:/roms so why is it starting in some phantom folder? Is this the problem?

Well that's the problem then. The question is why is it only writing 3 lines to the entire rumble file? I'll have to look at the code and try and think up a scenario when that might happen (if I can)

Is it only this game? i.e. do other games create the complete rmb file? It will be easy to spot the ones that don't. You'll see some with really small file sizes like 10 bytes where the rest will be like 600 bytes.

The reason you get an empty scan is because your ROM path is:

D:\roms

it should be:

D:\roms\

The ending backslash is now a requirement. I don't think this should be the cause of the rumble failure but I've seen stranger things.

Edited by nes6502, 20 September 2006 - 05:13 PM.

#26 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

Ok, found out that the D:/roms was in the old rompath.ini file (I guess from a previous version). The path.ini supplied with 2.92 has this in it:
D:\roms\usa\
Sav=E

So that explains why my roms weren't showing up (I had no usa subdirectory). I completely reinstalled with 2.92 and the 2.95 upgrade and still have the same thing. This is so odd as I don't change anything (just the display up to 1080i) other than that I haven't changed any settings. I'm not understanding how I'm the only one with this issue uhh.gif

#27 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(guybird @ Sep 20 2006, 06:11 PM) View Post

Ok, found out that the D:/roms was in the old rompath.ini file (I guess from a previous version). The path.ini supplied with 2.92 has this in it:
D:\roms\usa\
Sav=E

So that explains why my roms weren't showing up (I had no usa subdirectory). I completely reinstalled with 2.92 and the 2.95 upgrade and still have the same thing. This is so odd as I don't change anything (just the display up to 1080i) other than that I haven't changed any settings. I'm not understanding how I'm the only one with this issue uhh.gif

Is it just Super Mario All stars?

What is the "show available memory" showing before you start the game at 1080i?
What is the "show available memory" showing after you exit the game at 1080i?
Are you using a massive preview for Super Mario All Stars?

It almost sounds like you are running out of memory.

Have you tried this with no previews + at 480i/p?

#28 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

This is happening with every single rom, not just one. With 480p on, I'm at 29MB, with 1080i on, I'm at 22MB. Since I redid my saves to be on F, I didn't copy over the artwork so none is being displayed right now. Wow, now here's something: after exiting a game (Super Mario World) i'm down to 6MB (1080i on). Shouldn't the memory free up after exiting a game? Hmm, so I turn off 1080i and go back to 480p. Now I'm up to 12MB (definitely an increase but still not what it was before running a rom). Ok so I restart the emulator, back to 480p res. I now have 29MB again. I play Super Mario for a few seconds, go back to the gui. I'm now back down to 12MB. Is this normal?

On a seperate but related note, where is the option to turn on the cathedral sound mode you mentioned a few updates back? Is it supposed to be another option (like Surround Sound - On) or is it a Sound Interpolation? Just wondering as I never found it.

#29 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(guybird @ Sep 20 2006, 06:54 PM) View Post

This is happening with every single rom, not just one. With 480p on, I'm at 29MB, with 1080i on, I'm at 22MB. Since I redid my saves to be on F, I didn't copy over the artwork so none is being displayed right now. Wow, now here's something: after exiting a game (Super Mario World) i'm down to 6MB (1080i on). Shouldn't the memory free up after exiting a game? Hmm, so I turn off 1080i and go back to 480p. Now I'm up to 12MB (definitely an increase but still not what it was before running a rom). Ok so I restart the emulator, back to 480p res. I now have 29MB again. I play Super Mario for a few seconds, go back to the gui. I'm now back down to 12MB. Is this normal?

On a seperate but related note, where is the option to turn on the cathedral sound mode you mentioned a few updates back? Is it supposed to be another option (like Surround Sound - On) or is it a Sound Interpolation? Just wondering as I never found it.

Yes all of those things are normal. The memory is not released because ZSNES is still running in the background. There is no way to release the memory for a game built into ZSNES. The only options are change game or exit. And obviously, exit would mean exit to the Xbox dashboard.

I will say that at 1080i you are going to be hard pressed to even run every game (it will depend on your game sequence) much less have previews bigger than 256x256. For example, I bet that if you played SMW and then switched to Yoshi's Island it would crash at 1080i. And this may be the reason it is crashing (you are running out of memory) but it does not explain why no rumble file is written completely. What happens if you take the rumble file Glitch posted or that I included in the extras folder? Are they loaded correctly (i.e. does F-Zero rumble)?

Can you enter cheats by hand? exit/restart and the cheats are still there?

The Cathedral filter is in the Sound Options menu after you start a game.

#30 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

I can use existing rumbles just fine. I guess I could populate the files with the blank templates, but what should put for the top 2-3 values though? I'm assuming that varies by game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users