X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(romm2002a @ Mar 26 2008, 02:07 PM) View Post

I've got 2 XBOX 360s, just like it's mentioned above. One for online play and one for offline play of my backups. If I get achievements on my offline console, is there anyway that I can have these achievements added to my online gamerscore? I'm using the same gamertag on both consoles. Swapping the hard drives from each console? Would that allow me to update my gamerscore without getting banned?

interesting question. I would think if you use the same HD for both consoles as long as the flashed console isn't connected to the net you could do that.

#377 romm2002a

romm2002a

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(slimdagreat @ Mar 26 2008, 10:46 PM) View Post

interesting question. I would think if you use the same HD for both consoles as long as the flashed console isn't connected to the net you could do that.

Anyone else have a similar setup?
-One XBOX 360 with flashed firmware for off line play and
-another one with no firmware flashed and online

Wondering if there is somehow I can get my achievements earned from my off line console added to my online gamerscore without going live on the off line console, eg. maybe swap the hard drives from both consoles, would that work without getting banned?

#378 crossover

crossover

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

I am really sorry if this issue has been answered somewhere else, if it has, my search skills are not as great as I thought. Anyway, I have a flashed 360 that can read copies of original 360 games. Now, I have a few Xbox originals as well, and they are all on the compatibility list over at Microsoft's site. However, I understand an update is necessary in order to run these games (also, a hard drive is required, and I have a 120 GB one). My question is this: what is going to happen to my modified DVD firmware after applying this update? Am I going to be able to continue using my copies?

Edited by crossover, 23 August 2008 - 11:53 AM.

#379 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(crossover @ Aug 23 2008, 01:29 PM) View Post

I am really sorry if this issue has been answered somewhere else, if it has, my search skills are not as great as I thought. Anyway, I have a flashed 360 that can read copies of original 360 games. Now, I have a few Xbox originals as well, and they are all on the compatibility list over at Microsoft's site. However, I understand an update is necessary in order to run these games (also, a hard drive is required, and I have a 120 GB one). My question is this: what is going to happen to my modified DVD firmware after applying this update? Am I going to be able to continue using my copies?

The DVD-drive firmware and the dashboard are not related in anyway, the 360 cant read the firmware and neither flash/alter it.
So nothing is going to happen to your drive's firmware no matter how many updates you apply...

#380 wickoattack

wickoattack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Aug 23 2008, 09:43 AM) View Post

The DVD-drive firmware and the dashboard are not related in anyway, the 360 cant read the firmware and neither flash/alter it.
So nothing is going to happen to your drive's firmware no matter how many updates you apply...

I'm in a similar situation, just that I can't go on Live unless I update. I have the latest iXtreme Stealth firmware AFAIK (just installed at a shop today), but I was worried that if I update I won't be able to go on Live. So I shouldn't worry then? I thought maybe I had to update the DVD firmware to use the update, I haven't been able to find this kind of info in any FAQs.

Edited by wickoattack, 19 October 2008 - 02:59 AM.

#381 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(wickoattack @ Oct 19 2008, 03:33 AM) View Post

I'm in a similar situation, just that I can't go on Live unless I update. I have the latest iXtreme Stealth firmware AFAIK (just installed at a shop today), but I was worried that if I update I won't be able to go on Live. So I shouldn't worry then? I thought maybe I had to update the DVD firmware to use the update, I haven't been able to find this kind of info in any FAQs.

I'd make sure you used the original to get the update.

#382 wickoattack

wickoattack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Oct 19 2008, 10:12 AM) View Post

I'd make sure you used the original to get the update.

How would I do that since I already have the stealth firmware installed? Also, I have the lite-on drive, so the guy had to open her up and swap some parts.

#383 amble

amble

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

Hi

My elite just got taken away by MS for repair, and my mate is now saying I might as well get the firmware flashed. The original post in this thread is dated 2006, I was wondering if it is still relevant?

My mate has had his flashed about two months now, and is still online using the NXE update. I understand you're always running a risk getting banned but I'm just trying to ascertain how likely it is with a flashed drive. So my questions are:

(i) Is the original post still correct - i.e. MS do not ban for flashed firmware currently
(ii) I understand the console and account get banned from live - can you still use the gamer profile locally or do you create a new one?

I appreciate the time to answer this, it's just there's a lot of pages of contradictory posts, and I just want a straight up front answer like the OP.

Thanks

#384 xXxnottaxXx

xXxnottaxXx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(amble @ Jan 4 2009, 05:08 PM) View Post

(i) Is the original post still correct - i.e. MS do not ban for flashed firmware currently

I would also like to know the same thing.
If anyone knows, please answer.
Thanks.

#385 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(xXxnottaxXx @ Feb 5 2009, 09:00 AM) View Post

I would also like to know the same thing.
If anyone knows, please answer.
Thanks.

It's the same answer - not that we know. You need to find someone who's flashed their 360 and uses only originals on it. Being the fact that XBL bans miss people it's still no test.

Phone MS and ask them.

#386 xXxnottaxXx

xXxnottaxXx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Feb 5 2009, 08:59 AM) View Post

It's the same answer - not that we know. You need to find someone who's flashed their 360 and uses only originals on it. Being the fact that XBL bans miss people it's still no test.

Phone MS and ask them.

Thanks for the answer. smile.gif
and somehow i don't see MS helping much.
...even though i tried doing that with the original xbox. xD

#387 XBus Games

XBus Games

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Sep 20 2006, 04:18 AM) View Post

That's Bungie's term for being banned from Xbox Live.

BTW Xombe, good thinking.
This was really needed... BADLY.

Problem is that they have gone overkill. I was banned by bungie because a couple of friends and I went on an achievement spree. I have never mod'd any of my 17 consoles (yes, I have that many) and I own a copy of each game for each console. I have never "stby" the match (I don't even know what that is). No mods or cheating of any sort. I have done everything on the up & up and I get banned because we started horsing around and they let me get a perfect 50 kills in one game. It is enough to make me turn off my Xbox live accounts. There is not even a way to challenge it in the event that they get it wrong. You are just banned period! Even the threads on this forum are all closed and they send you to one that is closed. Sounds like they don't want their righteous Ban Hammer questioned.

Edited by XBus Games, 16 March 2009 - 11:28 PM.

#388 Nessly

Nessly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

I know the last post in this thread was several years ago, but the rules have stated banning related questions should be asked here.

System Link between a Modded and Unmodded Console

I have two Xbox 360s. One is modded, and the other is not.

I need to know if my unmodded/unbanned console will become banned from playing games with the modded console via system link. I'd like some confirmation, as I really don't want to get the unmodded console banned.

Some confirmation from someone who has actually done this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

#389 steplay29

steplay29

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

hi m8,

as always using modding firmware on xbl is at your own risk.i have a slim myself on the latest lt+3 fw and am using backups confirmed by abgx360 and so far have not had any problems.been using backups on line for years.three golden rules i use are:

1)have the latest firmware.
2)make sure your backups are confirmed by abgx360
3)dont use a backup if unsure about it.

as for system link its ok to use that aswell.

Edited by steplay29, 21 August 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#390 Nessly

Nessly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(steplay29 @ Aug 21 2012, 05:00 AM) View Post

hi m8,

as always using modding firmware on xbl is at your own risk.i have a slim myself on the latest lt+3 fw and am using backups confirmed by abgx360 and so far have not had any problems.been using backups on line for years.three golden rules i use are:

1)have the latest firmware.
2)make sure your backups are confirmed by abgx360
3)dont use a backup if unsure about it.

as for system link its ok to use that aswell.

That's great news. Thanks for the heads up about the firmware and whatnot, but I don't plan on ever getting the modded console online. My only concern is getting the unmodded/unbanned one banned from playing system link with the modded one.

Thanks for the quick response! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users