#391 rafaelgsbr

rafaelgsbr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

I tried this on an old mobo with a burnt dvd drive I had lying around... I used a small drill, installed the header and now the xbox won't power up. It gives me 0003, psu light goes green then back to orange. I already removed the header, but the error remains the same.

I don't really care about this xbox since it was already useless without a dvd drive, i used it just for testing, but can anybody tell me what might be my problem? I'm sure that i didn't bridge anything that I shouldn't.

#392 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

I did this mod on my JTAG xenon and it worked out great. I used the 12v instead of 5v and it sounds like a jet now but I will try 5v some other time. I am at 70celcious though with stock thermal past and xclamps and such.

The holes I drilled on top of my case I wish looked better though. I was in a hurry on that part. Fan header I used my torch butane soldering iron and heated the bottom of the points and just pressed my new header into the holes without any resistance and used the solder that was already in the holes. looks great. took the fan off an old Athlon Heatsink I had laying around.

Edited by Antman1, 26 November 2010 - 08:59 PM.

#393 lad2050

lad2050

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:42 AM

Just wanted to throw a update in here for anyone that wants to drill out these small holes I found a really easy way to do it. I went to Harbor Frieght here in town and bought a set of Tungston drill bits that are really really small....lol! Anyhow I bought them for my Dremal to but was able to drill these wholes out by hand and it took me maybe 3 minutes to do so. I have included some pictures of the bits as well as the packaging so I hope that helps someone out. Cost was about $7 for a set of 20!

IPB Image

IPB Image

#394 MorboTron

MorboTron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Just did this Mod to my Xenon a week ago, but got my fans Yesterday in the mail. biggrin.gif Definitely a W.I.P. (Topic on it later!) but the details are:

60mm Evercool Red LED fan.
Talismoon Whisper Fan.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#395 ajw22

ajw22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

thanks, worked great smile.gif

#396 RandyBear

RandyBear

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Sep 29 2006, 03:29 AM) View Post

THanks rgall0. This works like a charm. I didn't use a paperclip and heat. The solder is too thick. Instead I used a very small precision screwdriver. It is very easy to do. Give it a shot.

IPB Image
IPB Image

I did the same thing. Has anyone figured out how to do this on a newer board?

I did think of something though. What I'm doing is adding a 40mm fan to the case. So I was thinking, why not just mount a sideways fan header to the case itself?

Then mount a couple of single pins to C9B4/C9C3 to get power from.

#397 Bitte3602

Bitte3602

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I need 1 picture about Molex point for SLIM (Valhalla/Trinity motherboard)

Becouse i want to use NZXT SENTRY 2 fan controller whit my xbox360 slim and power source it from the motherboard can someone put some picture for me about the molex mod for slim?

Hi all i hav find this picture but is for PHAT console but i need for slim
IMAGE 1
[url=http://www.ita3602.com/opxuseh4.jpg]IMAGE 2[/img]

I hav also find this in this forum about slim but i need it from under the mobo in the power point and miss gnd point and other.
http://i12.photobuck.../Slimbottom.jpg

#398 snowcolt17

snowcolt17

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

good tutorial.. too bad this only works on the xenon boards =/

#399 XBOXMODDERINNEED

XBOXMODDERINNEED

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Modding of course!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

Here is the point before bridging.
If you want 12v then bridge R7V7
If you want 5v then bridge R7V6
I know for a fact that the 12v is directly from the power supply.
I'll check the 5v on my ginny pig and update in the next few days.
DON'T BRIDGE BOTH.

This is what 12v should look like after soldering.
And no pointing out my bitchen soldering job. I need new tips.

Hi, I am confident in giving this mod a go. What XBOX 360 unit is that. I might get an elite so will the motherboard layout bee the same as this? I can do everything included in this tutorial but one thing. What is bridging? Not being harsh or anything but i could only see some holes with a black outline. Could you please let me now what i have to bridge and how do i bridge it. Also is that fan really turning because all i see is LED's in both pictures of it working? If that is camera then its fine i just wanted to know before i mess around with circuitry and all that. uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

Also do you have a link of where i can buy some 3 pin connectors. I need some for my pc as well. Would be a great help. Thank you.

Many Thanks

Ryan

XBOXMODDRINNEED

#400 HrutkayMods

HrutkayMods

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:I repair and upgrade 360s. I play 360 games in my spare time.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(XBOXMODDERINNEED @ Jan 19 2012, 08:15 PM) View Post

Here is the point before bridging.
If you want 12v then bridge R7V7
If you want 5v then bridge R7V6
I know for a fact that the 12v is directly from the power supply.
I'll check the 5v on my ginny pig and update in the next few days.
DON'T BRIDGE BOTH.

This is what 12v should look like after soldering.
And no pointing out my bitchen soldering job. I need new tips.

Hi, I am confident in giving this mod a go. What XBOX 360 unit is that. I might get an elite so will the motherboard layout bee the same as this? I can do everything included in this tutorial but one thing. What is bridging? Not being harsh or anything but i could only see some holes with a black outline. Could you please let me now what i have to bridge and how do i bridge it. Also is that fan really turning because all i see is LED's in both pictures of it working? If that is camera then its fine i just wanted to know before i mess around with circuitry and all that. uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

Also do you have a link of where i can buy some 3 pin connectors. I need some for my pc as well. Would be a great help. Thank you.

Many Thanks

Ryan

XBOXMODDRINNEED

I believe this header is just on Xenon boards, so sorry I don't believe you can do it on an elite, considering that elites are either zephyrs, falcons, or jaspers. You can get the 3 pin from old PC motherboards, trashed zephyrs, falcons, or jaspers, or from some adapter plugs... I have no clue where you could get it online?

Edit: I checked (my stockpile of trashed boards), the header is not on zephyrs, falcons, or jaspers.

Edited by HrutkayMods, 22 January 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#401 XBOXMODDERINNEED

XBOXMODDERINNEED

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

OMG. I keep Hearing bridge this and bridge that. I really wanna do this mod but i cant as i don't know what bridging is. I assume there are 2 solder rectangles near the R7V7 port. Do i just get a soldering iron and solder the two terminals together or am i clearly wrong and making myself look like a squashed coke can.

If i am right could someone please let me know. If not then please help me in simpleton form and i will try and understand. I am in major need of this fan mod.

CHEERS

#402 XBOXMODDERINNEED

XBOXMODDERINNEED

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

Sorry to be a pain but you know the 3 pin header can only power 1 fan. Well as i build gaming computers i have alot of these just hanging around:

http://www.google.co... ...tx=96&ty=99

I have about 400 of them and i am wondering if there is enough power in the PSU of the 360 to power two 120mm Blue LED Fans (4 Pin Molex). They cam with my old PC case. They are ICUTE. Really fast, quiet and very cool. I run my hex core at 56 degrees load, 29-36 degrees idle. Is this a good idea. You might be thinking that one fan will overpower the other. Well you are mostly correct but i have a method to get around it. See the intake fan draws in cool air. The premium 360 models and below need a lot of cool air which means the faster normal spinning fan goes in the front. The slower fan will withdraw the hot air. Reason for this it will gradually release the hot air. It will be enough to keep the 360 cool but the surrounding like the room at a warm temperature. Less heating bill and cooler 360. Bare in mind this is all going in my ICUTE Turbine PC case. Such a beast at cooling. Check it out right here:

http://www.binbin.ne...et-case-si-.jpg

If any on needs simple soldering tips head over hear:

http://www.circuitre...des/7-1-1.shtml

I found out how to bridge here i am just waiting for someone to clarify what i have found.

I hope i have helped people out who want multiple fans without hard work. Any questions based on easier wiring, extensions or any extra ports (i.e. Fan Headers) please either reply to this post or inbox me. Its your choice.

Cheers Guys and Happy Modding

XBOXMODDERINNEED

Ryan

WARNING!!! I am not and i mean not liable for any modding done to your XBOX 360. If anything should go wrong just leave a post and i will try to help. I am not liable to insure, Pay or service any mods. !!!!!IT IS ON YOU OWN ACCORD!!!!!

#403 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

i would say no as there are limits on what you can pull off of 360 fan headers the back header is limited to the stock fans and maybe an led or two no more!(destroys fan controller)
front who can say as msoft never used it if you do a proper search of these boards there are loads of horror stories connected to this mod and wiring fans in general
in my view any xenon still running ok doesnt need a fan that simple as for other fans(any model) just solder to the bottom of the power connector! it is the safest option smile.gif
just for the record in case any noobs are reading this
THIS ONLY WORKS ON LAUNCH MODELS!,
WIRE YOUR FANS BELOW THE POWER CONNECTOR(SAFEST METHOD TUTS IN FORUM IF YOU SEARCH),

Edited by sinclairuser, 30 January 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#404 XBOXMODDERINNEED

XBOXMODDERINNEED

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Jan 29 2012, 11:18 PM) View Post

i would say no as there are limits on what you can pull off of 360 fan headers the back header is limited to the stock fans and maybe an led or two no more!(destroys fan controller)
front who can say as msoft never used it if you do a proper search of these boards there are loads of horror stories connected to this mod and wiring fans in general
in my view any xenon still running ok doesnt need a fan that simple as for other fans(any model) just solder to the bottom of the power connector! it is the safest option smile.gif
just for the record in case any noobs are reading this
THIS ONLY WORKS ON LAUNCH MODELS!,
WIRE YOUR FANS BELOW THE POWER CONNECTOR(SAFEST METHOD TUTS IN FORUM IF YOU SEARCH),

OK i know it only work on any 360 released before the Elite due to the mobo layout. I must disagree with you on the horror stories. I did a bit of research using the trusty GOOGLE search bar. (great invention if you have never used it in your life uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif ) I found none at all. So until you can provide a link to a horror story that i believe is true to life i am saying no issues have been aroused. The only thing that could possibly go wrong is scraping off the circle layer near the 12V terminals.

What do you mean by "just solder to the bottom of the power connector! it is the safest option smile.gif" This would be great if you could provide a tutorial. I have 2 rolls of cable. Black and red. I always use black or white for negative and colour like red for positive. Could you please help me out here. I want extra fans but i also want a 360 to play on lol. I don't want a dead 360. Or a hot one.

ANY HELP IS OK WITH ME biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Cheers Guys

XBOXMODDERINNEED

Ryan

If we could us modders would give the moon a makeover!

#405 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

for starters THE RECOMENDED POINT FOR SOLDERING EXTRA POWER WIRES IS ON THE MOTHERBOARD ON THE REVERSE OF THE MAIN POWER CONNECTOR
YOUR FRIEND GOOGLE WILL GIVE YOU THE PINOUTS
and as for no horror stories this very thread is loaded with quotes like this"i tried this mod now i have three red lights" etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users