#1 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:13 AM

hi all,

im having probs writing games to use on my 360 - i have the d111 and the latest firmware for it using verbitam dvds, but the problem that i have is that sometimes when i try to burn the image file using clone cd it acts as if its burnt it fine but when i try to load it up into my xbox it sounds like the laser is slipping on the dvd.

i flipped the dvd over to see if there was a mark on it and i saw a little thin ring near the centre of the dvd, anyway i tried it again with the same image and it worked fine without any probs at all - also i have tried burning at various speeds, even down to 1x and its still the same...

this has been happening on and off for about 3 packs of 10 verbatim dvds with my writer. i would say that i have had to throw about 4-6 of them due to this and as you all know its not cheap. in fact at this rate it would be cheaper for me to buy the game again lol

does anyone know why this is happening? i know i have the writer and dvds correct and its not my 360 as all my games that have been burnt without the "ring" work fine.

any help would be great - its costing me a fortune!

regards

motley

Edited by motleydude, 21 September 2006 - 11:24 AM.

#2 Niteman1969

Niteman1969

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:55 PM

First of all make sure that your hard drives are on the fastest cable possible ata133 or sata.

Second make sure you are using a ata133 cable for your writer.

Third Use Nero infotool to check wether all your hardrives etc are working
in DMA mode if not then uninstall the offending item from device manager and reboot windows
which will reload the driver and reset the dma mode .

Fourth do not do anything with your computer while the disc is burning.
This includes web browsing etc.. also make sure you quit most of your programs that are
running in the background before writing.

If none of this helps then I dont know what else to recommend.

Regards

Niteman1969

#3 TheMerk

TheMerk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

Would it matter if The game is on another drive. Is why it is getting a ring. Because mine are doing the same.

#4 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:41 PM

The fact that you can hear a slipping sound and the disc is being physically marked makes pretty concerned to be honest, I know that if you move the console whilst a disc is spinning in the drive, the disc can be scratched beyond repair.

Has it ever done this with originals at all ?

#5 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(Spark @ Sep 21 2006, 10:48 PM) View Post

The fact that you can hear a slipping sound and the disc is being physically marked makes pretty concerned to be honest, I know that if you move the console whilst a disc is spinning in the drive, the disc can be scratched beyond repair.

Has it ever done this with originals at all ?

no mate orginals are fine- the ring is there on the dvd iterally as i take it out the burner and like i said sometimes i burn the same image that burnt with the ring on another dvd (both verbatims) and theywork fine with no ring at all.

the only way i can describe it is that its almost like its not joined the intro part of the dvd with the rest and left a tiny gap before burning - just had confirmation that its doing it with my mates too who has all the latest setup on his computer and using different media (mirror dl dvds) with same writer

have no idea why it works sometimes and more so than not buggers up. if it was something to do with the writer i could understand it but i have the d111

i have even tried the following too:

1, resetting my computer before a burn

2, defragging my hdd before a burn

still no luck

regards

motley

Edited by motleydude, 22 September 2006 - 06:02 AM.

#6 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:12 AM

hiya,

still not managed to resolve the isssue...

has anyone else got any info that they could share with me please?

regards

motley

#7 knocker

knocker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

Hi

Yep got ecactly the same problem, not all with the same make dvd's either, am going to build a test machine with just windows xp pro and pioneer 111d, plus clone of course, see what happens, but l have not been able to find a solution yet to this either.
Will have this tested later today, so will get back tonight or tomorrow hopefully with some good news. biggrin.gif

#8 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(knocker @ Sep 23 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

Hi

Yep got ecactly the same problem, not all with the same make dvd's either, am going to build a test machine with just windows xp pro and pioneer 111d, plus clone of course, see what happens, but l have not been able to find a solution yet to this either.
Will have this tested later today, so will get back tonight or tomorrow hopefully with some good news. biggrin.gif

hiya mate - just out of interest, have you got your 111d as master or slave? ive been told this helps?

havent got round to trying it yet though. mine is slave....

i realy wouldnt mind knowing what is causing this to happen. really doing my head in now as the 1st duel layer burner i bought wernt compatible with burning the games and now i can only burn the odd one lol

im gonna kill myself in a sec hehehe

motley

#9 vnr111

vnr111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(motleydude @ Sep 23 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

hiya mate - just out of interest, have you got your 111d as master or slave? ive been told this helps?

havent got round to trying it yet though. mine is slave....

i realy wouldnt mind knowing what is causing this to happen. really doing my head in now as the 1st duel layer burner i bought wernt compatible with burning the games and now i can only burn the odd one lol

im gonna kill myself in a sec hehehe

motley

Hey,

I am having the same issue. I dont know why it does it. Like I burned a backup, it worked. I did a pretty crappy job of taking care of the backup, and it got so scratched up its unreadable. So then I reburned the backup, same setup (same .dvd file, same verbatim dl, same pioneer 111d burner) and it didnt work. Tried it again, still no luck. Tried to burn another backup that has previously worked and it didnt work. Finally, I restarted my computer and it worked fine. Wierd huh? Still testing it out with other backups though...

And yea I also see the ring once I pull it out of the 111D burner...maybe its the newest firmware? (1.29)

Edited by vnr111, 23 September 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#10 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(vnr111 @ Sep 23 2006, 06:37 PM) View Post

Hey,

I am having the same issue. I dont know why it does it. Like I burned a backup, it worked. I did a pretty crappy job of taking care of the backup, and it got so scratched up its unreadable. So then I reburned the backup, same setup (same .dvd file, same verbatim dl, same pioneer 111d burner) and it didnt work. Tried it again, still no luck. Tried to burn another backup that has previously worked and it didnt work. Finally, I restarted my computer and it worked fine. Wierd huh? Still testing it out with other backups though...

And yea I also see the ring once I pull it out of the 111D burner...maybe its the newest firmware? (1.29)

hi mate,

i know for sure that it cant be the firmware because i have 1.23 - least thats one thing checked off the list hehehe

Edited by motleydude, 23 September 2006 - 07:34 PM.

#11 vnr111

vnr111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

Yea so I thought it was clonecd, so I tried to burn my images with imageburn. The first one burnt successfully, and then the rest all went to crap...

I'm moving my pioneer burner to my sisters computer. Mine has so much junk loaded on it, I'm thinking its gotta be a software issue.

Hey Knocker, any luck with setting up that test computer?

I will post my results in a couple of hrs once i get it all setup

#12 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(vnr111 @ Sep 24 2006, 04:01 PM) View Post

Yea so I thought it was clonecd, so I tried to burn my images with imageburn. The first one burnt successfully, and then the rest all went to crap...

I'm moving my pioneer burner to my sisters computer. Mine has so much junk loaded on it, I'm thinking its gotta be a software issue.

Hey Knocker, any luck with setting up that test computer?

I will post my results in a couple of hrs once i get it all setup

nice one mate,

im gonna change my drive from slave to master to see if that does owt but i cant test that until i get some more dvds which wont be till friday when i get paid.

im flat broke at the mo

catch you guys later and good luck!

motley

Edited by motleydude, 24 September 2006 - 04:22 PM.

#13 vnr111

vnr111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

Yea it looks like it was my computer. CloneCd is 100% for 4 burns so far on the other computer. I know that doesnt help identify the problem but at least I know it was some software based issue.

#14 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(vnr111 @ Sep 25 2006, 05:09 AM) View Post

Yea it looks like it was my computer. CloneCd is 100% for 4 burns so far on the other computer. I know that doesnt help identify the problem but at least I know it was some software based issue.

yeah,

cheers for that mate - im gonna have a play about with mine when i get some dvds, hope i get the same kinda reult smile.gif

regards

motley

#15 motleydude

motleydude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:38 AM

hey all,

i have got some new blanks (mirror this time) tried exiting all programs etc but still no luck.

just wondering if now it may be something to do with my current computer setup

i have xp pro and running a 2200+ amd sempfron processor in it. i have also just purchased a new hard drive because of limited space on my other.

i dont belive that my setup is sata compatible so would this make a difference?

im at my last end here, lost another 8 out 10 dvds :-(

i really need help bad

thanks

motley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users