Photo

Psp Or Ds?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: PSP vs. DS

Should I buy PSP or Nintendo DS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:32 AM

Everyone that voted for the DS or that wants a little more info on the DS, click the link in my sig and leave some feedback so we can get a centralized DS/GBA sub-section.

Lots of new stuff right now.
DS-Xtreme has come out, 1st party MP3 player coming out. Nice amount of homebrew. Post in the link in my sig!!!

#17 jon_jon

jon_jon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:45 PM

It seems the poll results are neck-to-neck. Although I own both, I rarely play the PSP. I occassionally use it to watch movies. The NDS has more interesting games. The PSP games are mainly ports from other platforms.

#18 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:16 AM

Neck and neck because this is the PSP section. It is a little biased.

#19 yorch77

yorch77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:28 AM

None is better. It´s all about what you want to do.

PSP ---> Media and same games as PS2 (a few good ones)

DS ----> Poor media but incredibly addictive games.

My vote goes for both because they´re both worth the price.
You can buy for 5500€ an xbox360 + psp + DS or just buy a PS3 for 600€ hahahah

Happy new year! wink.gif

#20 bennyblanco420

bennyblanco420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:30 AM

I got the 4gb dsextream card good investment in my opinion havnt tried any homebrew ywt but it holds a decent amount of games easy to use no mods whatsoever just a hacked ds cart. i think the games are just better for the ds and in the longrun it will be the system on top of the handheld market. if a thirdparty company can make a 4gb ds card so can nintendo which means a graphic and gameplay level jump in the future

Edited by bennyblanco420, 13 February 2007 - 08:35 AM.

#21 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:45 AM

i have both...i have a black ds lite and a psp with 3.10 OE-A firmware. the ds games are fun, but the psp has homebrew that is so much easier. and you dont need to buy anything for it.

#22 sra4ever

sra4ever

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Lacrosse<br />Xbox 360<br />Wii

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:09 AM

DS is amazingly fun, hacks are ok
PSP ok, hacks are awesome you can put movies and all sorts of classic games on it.
My vote PSP, for a few bucks more you can do a lot more.

#23 Awsome45

Awsome45

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:48 AM

I have a NDS with an EZFLASH IV cart in it and plan on getting a psp. I love the ds and put many many hours playing many many games on it, but with my next paycheck I'm getting a psp and hacking it. And personally, I hate the homebrew on ds.. the emulators all suck and just about the coolest thing you can do on it is sign onto AIM and MSN and chat w/ the touch screen... I want to get a psp cause it has way way more and cooler homebrew. however in the psp vs ds part of this discussion, I say GET BOTH! I may be almost 20 but next month I'm gonna get the new pokemon game and slap it on my ds. both systems rock!

#24 DMAddict

DMAddict

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

PSP FTW!
More homebrew and no cost to modify. If I'm not mistaken you'll need to purchase an M3 card for the ds. The PSP you can easily modify the firmware. You would want to buy a larger Pro Duo card, but that just to put everything on.

#25 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:updating my interests section of my profile
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:18 AM

Wow.....after setting up my 3.40oe-a recently acquired PSP this weekend....I'm amazed. blink.gif

The PSP games themselves may be somewhat lackluster, but the ability to play with many emulators AND play a huge library of PS1 games is awesome. Now if only someone can write a SNES emu that can actually play the best looking snes games at decent speed! sad.gif

QUOTE(Awsome45 @ Mar 26 2007, 08:24 PM) View Post
I may be almost 20 but next month I'm gonna get the new pokemon game and slap it on my ds. both systems rock!
laugh.gif I have Diamond, I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet. My 20 year old bro is way more into pokemon than I am (which isn't much), he loves the game.

Edited by epsilon72, 30 April 2007 - 07:21 AM.

#26 manu_xl

manu_xl

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Hacking The Box!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Apr 30 2007, 08:54 AM) View Post

Now if only someone can write a SNES emu that can actually play the best looking snes games at decent speed! sad.gif

Snes9X TYL 0.4.2

#27 ausmods

ausmods

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Interests:Electrical engineering, computers, gaming, motorbikes, mountain biking

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:59 AM

Now I finally have owned a PSP and a DS, im going to have to say the PSP is better. The DS is good if your into pokemon and all those types of games, but the PSP is A LOT better for homebrew. Yeah, PSP games suck, theres no good ones, but the ability to put emulators and everything on a PSP more than makes up for it. The thought of being able to play all of my old skool games whenever and whereever i want is really exciting.

Also, the PSP screen is beautiful. Games with heaps of jaggies look crap on it, but movies and other things look great on the screen.

#28 Mrcon

Mrcon

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

After reading this whole post I want both, after selling my psp and getting a xbox 360 im getting another one on Friday, cant wait to play some of the games.

Films will be going on and i cant wait, I Like the sound of all the games on one cartridge with the DS lite, I may even get one of thoes next month. Makes cold English nights brighter.

#29 gorgs

gorgs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:02 AM

psp all day long,cant compare

#30 pieman145

pieman145

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

DS is for people who don't mind having JUST the poor graphics gameplay - some phones can produce almost the same sort of graphics as the DS in Java 8-). The PSP is people for beyond that, I mean sure, most of the games suck, but the capabilities of it are too high for the DS to ever match - it's got basically all of today's travelling necessities in it smile.gif Just depends on what sort of person you are; whether you prefer loads of good games,buh thas it, or a lil bit of everything. I prefer the PSP tbh, because the games that ARE good, you want to play again, and its also handy for when your travelling biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users