Photo

Psp Or Ds?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: PSP vs. DS

Should I buy PSP or Nintendo DS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Bandit5317

Bandit5317

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:28 AM

I got a psp for the shere power that's jammed into a portable package and the homebrew scene. Load games to your memory stick, all your favorite emulators, movies, music, wifi, and a web browser sealed the deal for me. However, I have owned it for a year and I don't own a single game for it. There are a few good games out there for it, but games for the psp seem a bit expensive to me, especially considering that for $10 more than a new psp game, I can get a new, full-blown console game. If you're mostly into games for your portable, go with the ds, if you want a portable media center that happens to play games, go with the psp.

#32 derf

derf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

I've been reading through this thread and some of you are saying the games are better on the DS, sorry I have had both for a few years now and with the exception of some cleaver gimmicks on the DS the PSP if far superior. I would say the only thing that lets the PSP down is the load times, the DS is defiantly for the younger audience, and yes I Iím a miserable old git biggrin.gif

#33 TreyTable

TreyTable

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:videogames, Transformers, stickers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:03 PM

It all depends on what games you like. I own both, a DS Lite and a PSP (fat). I like the DS Lite for a few games, such as the GBA and DS Castlevania games, Mario Kart DS, and the Bleach games, but my favorite genre is racing games, and the PSP is the clear choice for that genre, with games such as Burnout Legends, Burnout Dominater, Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer 2 (Import), Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars, Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, WipeOut Pure, WipeOut Pulse, Jet Moto (PSN), Jet Moto 2 (PSN), and WipeOut (PSN). Also, since I don't have the kind of money to afford a Zune or iPod, the PSP does a decent job as an MP3 player. But if you get either a DS/DS Lite or a PSP/PSP (thin), you owe it to yourself to get Space Invaders Extreme.

Oh, if you go for a DS, get the DS Lite, even if you have to get the pink one, the screens are so much brighter, it's well worth the cost, and if you get a PSP, get a slim; it has more RAM (for faster loading.. for games that are programmed to do that..), the D-Pad is more responsive (for fighting games such as Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Tekken 2 (PSN), or Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max..), and the battery life is longer on both slim PSP and DS Lite.

But if I had to choose only one or the other, I'd grab both and shoot my way out.

Edited by TreyTable, 29 June 2008 - 04:05 PM.

#34 SEHF

SEHF

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Both fools!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users