• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Que

Que

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 02:58 AM

I know this has been covered before, but i was just wondering if their had been any recent breakthroughs that would alow the streaming of games from ones pc to their xbox, ie; playing a game located on your pc through the xbox's ethernet port, much in the way you can stream movies/music from a pc to a xbox.

Q

#2 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:02 AM

I don't think so !!! blink.gif

#3 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:55 AM

Having the ability to easily replace hard disks in the xbox, most people do not see a real need for such an application.
I doubt we'll see such an app, unless for some reason there becomes a high demand for it.

#4 Que

Que

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:52 PM

yeah but there would be no need to purchase an aditional harddrive with a program such as this....

#5 razorrifh

razorrifh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:19 AM

theres a program that will transfer a game whenever you want to play it on the hard drive then you can play it from there. sounds like what you're looking for. check for it in the tools section.

#6 Dr. Love

Dr. Love

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:00 AM

man, I'd imagine you'd get some lag with an app like that. Would be nice, though.

#7 NeRfMaStEr

NeRfMaStEr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:24 AM

another thing this would be handy for is when you have a game with extra long filenames or directories. You can play them like your hdd would be a dvd player. I just cannot get furious karting to get transfered to the box...this would help blink.gif

#8 darkmasterirwin

darkmasterirwin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Que @ May 14 2003, 02:58 AM) View Post

I know this has been covered before, but i was just wondering if their had been any recent breakthroughs that would alow the streaming of games from ones pc to their xbox, ie; playing a game located on your pc through the xbox's ethernet port, much in the way you can stream movies/music from a pc to a xbox.
Q

the XDK or Xbox Debug Kit or whatever, can transfer data from a pc to the xbox as the xbox is executing a Xbe, the XDK can do it but, no programers are trying to do, i say maybe we can design a Xbe that call a instrucction to the kernel to transfer data from pc to xbox and mount as a disc, the game maybe will run a little slowly than on DVD drive because XDK use more memory but, we can save the problem to transfer xbox games from pc to xbox hardrive, is now imposible because the programers are focused on 360, but xbox can also play games from onlive, really.

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

This must be a record - this thread is 9 years old, and your post is pointless.

XDK is not an Xbox Debug Kit, it's an Xbox Development Kit - it's software. The standard Xbox hardware won't run multiple xbe's, you need a devkit (hardware) to do that.

It can't / won't be done, because very few people have a devkit, and no-one is working on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users