X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:outdoors and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:25 AM

Tried buying the .38 upgrade level 2 in Little italy and a message came up saying "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later. Status code: 80153003"

I tried unplugging my live connection thinking it should be able to work without being on live, since not EVERYONE is on live. But no, It came back saying I needed to be connected to live to access the market place.

Why do I need to access the marketplace to upgrade my gun in the game? Something's not right. Anyone else run into this, or better yet find a work around for it?

#2 JustDanMI

JustDanMI

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:outdoors and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:12 PM

I was reading on the xbox.com forums and they mentioned that this was because it was a level 4 weapon upgrade, and that they havn't released the download for the level 4 upgrades yet on the marketplace. Kinda makes sense that it would show up on the map and direct you towards the marketplace, considering this is an EA game and it uses their servers. Anyways, this was all taken from off another forum, so nothing concrete, but it does make sense. Oh yeah, someone on the forum mentioned the upgrade was supposed to be available in November sometime. How he knows I have no idea, but once again, pure speculation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users