#1 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

Heres just a suggestion, i don't know how to do it myself or where to start. So any help on how to do so i'd worship you for it.

But here goes. I like playing my music through XMBC and i love the 360 skin of course, i mean thats why we here right? One thing I do wish tho is that when I play an album it would show a larger picture of the album art. Theres a program on tivo called audio faucet ( http://www.digitaldroplet.net/ ) which had a nice music playing UI, which had half your screen taken up with your album art. I think its really nice but i detest playing much through my tivo. Tho i don't want to copy this UI (wanted to make sure of that so noone thinks im going to try and breach any copyright thingies), I would like to see if there is some way i could change the UI while music is playing so i can get a larger picture of my album art, say half the screen with song and album infomation also a BIT like audio faucet.

Maybe change the size of, well you know when your playing music, you press X to goto full screen viz, then press the white button you get the album thumbnail and the name of the song/album. Maybe change this so the thumbnail is larger and remove the whitewash? Or would something like this be easier with a python script? Because it would need a higher resolution picture and with a python script you could er check a website and download the art directly?

Heh Remember im a coding idiot so if these ideas are plain stupid don't beat me for it. But if someone could give me a 'well this idea is possible and you would need to change so and so file which is written in python' I'll happily go off and try tongue.gif

Any help with this idea and i'd be really thankful.

Thank you for reading!

Ow Also if anyone does actually know of a python script or a mod out there that already does something like this please say!

#2 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

Sorry can't help you, but if I where you i wouldn't post this here I would've posted it in the regular xbmc http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/ forums since this has nothing to really do with mc360 and especially not with it's themes and wallpapers. You could also try here to rally up some help http://www.xbmcscripts.com/.
Good luck

#3 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

Thanks ! Ill go spread my post around and see what happens tongue.gif

#4 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:04 AM

well i spread it and had some people reply and point me in a direction.

So thanks to you tonight i came up with this,

IPB Image

Not bad for my first time! maybe its a bit too big as the album art looks a bit dodgy, maybe i just need a better pic.

I just wanted to follow up and say thanks tho!

#5 jonboy666

jonboy666

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:50 AM

Thats cool!!! biggrin.gif

#6 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:00 AM

You caould have it come up when you press a button like white or something so you would have the open for it to be hidden. Just an idea.

#7 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:43 AM

great idea, roormonger, and great work, bkeny01!

#8 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

Thats how it does work Roor biggrin.gif

At the moment You start a song then press X to goto full screen viz, then you press the white button and the album art plus info shows (the part i changed) and will stay there until you press the white button again.

Only problem atm is that if you press the black button for viz info, the one at the top of the screen, the album art covers it. No huge deal you just have to close album art before doing anything. Not that i use or or have that bar at the top showing for very long, so it really isn't a big deal. I might see if i can cut the bar down a bit or spread the info about a bit. To be honest i don't have much need to know what audio format the album is in or what bit rate it is.

If on the off chance anyone is interested in the file for this, just say and ill whack it up. Not that its difficult to do or anything tongue.gif

#9 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:12 AM

whack it up!!!!

#10 jonboy666

jonboy666

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:16 AM

Whack it twice!!! tongue.gif

#11 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:19 AM

Whack it thrice.

#12 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:46 AM

wow, that takes away the visuals.. dry.gif

#13 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

bkeny01, nice but having the album art that huge isnt a good thing, we had our album art a bit bigger in our first release and people complained it was too big.

#14 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:13 AM

[qoute]wow, that takes away the visuals.. dry.gif[/qoute]

Yeah thats the point tongue.gif I personally just prefer more infomation about what im listening to than the swirling colors, theres so many and I really havent found one that I really really like yet (Notice I did say yet wink.gif )

I only have to hit the white button and it fades away to leave me a whole screen of visuals anyway, so really, im not missing anything its the best of both worlds!

Im going to make the top bar smaller so it fits onto the screen with the album art up then ill post the file up.

Thank you for the encouragement tho guys! biggrin.gif

Edited by bkeny01, 26 September 2006 - 11:18 AM.

#15 bkeny01

bkeny01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Sep 26 2006, 05:13 AM) View Post

bkeny01, nice but having the album art that huge isnt a good thing, we had our album art a bit bigger in our first release and people complained it was too big.

Yes, im sure its not everyones cup of tea. I just wanted help in making the modifications so i could do this mod myself and as this is the only xbmc mod forum I read I asked here. I just wanted to follow up and show the people that helped me that I did something with the help they gave.

So this started out as something I wanted to do for myself, I was a bit shocked that people were interested in it too (all 3 of them!) so the least I could do is share what i have done. If it wasn't for these forums and the people making wonderful mods and icons, i wouldnt have ever considered trying to do it. I was quite surprised basic XML is (I have ZERO computer programing knowlage).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users