11 replies to this topic

#1 Quick305

Quick305

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

Hi all,
I just purchased a new drive to replace my bricked Hitachi v47.. It should be here on Friday.. I have my DVD key and need to know how to inject it into a new Hitachi v47 drive. I need to know what programs to use for this function. I have seen guides that explains how to replace the Hitachi with a Samsung but I could not get a Samsung drive. I do have the KDX v1.5 software.

Thanks.

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

Can you tell me where you found the hitachi to Samsung as I will have to do that in a week or so and can't seem to find a tutorial. Thanks.

#3 DV8ORMODS

DV8ORMODS

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:PS3 version 1.0 no update waiting for iso loader
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

hitachi to Hitachi possible samsung to hitachi never tryed but some people talk that it is possible I was not able to do it when i farked up my hitachi the first time I returned that xbox got one with a sammy that worked asstated all the time all day then the videochip in the xbox died I went to the store bought another hitachi
and tryed to restore the sammy drive on it and it would not work kept getting errors winex drive key was not coming up in the right way but since this is all farely new i think flashing a hitachi with sata adapter is easier than a sammy in mtkflash and having the right chipset to perform the task is another problem I'd say get sammy pc drive then just flash kreon and use the sammy drive to make you backups then flash the hitachi with 2.1

Edited by DV8ORMODS, 25 September 2006 - 08:09 PM.

#4 Quick305

Quick305

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:32 PM

Bigsteel,

I don't think I can post links here but, do this search in google "Extracting & inserting Hitachi drive keys for the Xtreme.bin"..

DV8ORMODS,

I think you miss understood me.. I am only looking to replace my bricked drive with another one. I have already ordered my drive. I only want my new drive to be detected by the xbox and not flashed with modded firmware. From everything I read it looks like I could use the following tools, I just need direction as I don't want to brick another drive.

mtkflash and KDX1.5

#5 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:54 PM

Why don't you guys just use 360FirmwareToolbox by carranzafp ?? Everytime I see these "swap" threads, nobody ever mentions this program. It's suppossedly an excellent program made SPECIFICALLY for what you're trying to do. Use it , it's easy cut and paste.

#6 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console modification and customisation<br />Mechanical Engineering<br />Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:46 AM

hello my friend you are in luck coz i am here to help!!

i trawled this site for the same answer and didnt find it, but figured it out in the end. and i will tell you how to now!!

by the way its not as simple as textbook says, as you cannot flash a full fw image to a hitachi as you will overwrite routines and brick the drive DO NOT TRY THIS!!! here is the correct method

first obtain your key from the drive you are replacing (the first dead/bricked drive)

then dump the fw of the drive you are putting in its place *the new one!!)

use either a hex editor, or 360FirmwareToolbox by carranzafp to patch the 360's key into the FW of the new drive.

then encrypt the FW with frimcrypt with the command --> firmcrypt e orig.bin orig-e.bin

then hook uo the new drive and put it in modeb and use flashsec47 with the following command

flashsec47_win i orig-e.bin 90004000 1000

this injects the key into the drive in the correct location.

put the new drive in the 360 and enjoy.

Gaz
No1 FW modder ( jk wink.gif )

ps mtkflash is for samsungs and KDX is the worst app ever created for 360 delete it

you will need

flashsec47_win.exe
firmcrypt.exe

these are the tools for hitachi.

if u cant find them pm me and ill sort you out.

#7 Quick305

Quick305

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:48 PM

The above post is what I was looking for.. Thank you for all of your help.. I will post back after my new drive comes in and let everyone know how it went..

#8 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console modification and customisation<br />Mechanical Engineering<br />Sports

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

i have written a tutorial on how to swap a hitachi for a hitachi, i hope that it will be added to the list of tuts soon. if you like i can send you it, it explains the process in a lot more detail. good luck!!

#9 Quick305

Quick305

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

Gazcoigne,

I would like to see your tutorial. Look under my profile you will find my email address. I have not received my drive yet expecting it over the weekend. Should post back on Monday on how the process went. I think I have all the tools you mentioned now. Thanks again for your help.

#10 tedstevens

tedstevens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(Gazcoigne @ Sep 26 2006, 10:00 PM) View Post

i have written a tutorial on how to swap a hitachi for a hitachi, i hope that it will be added to the list of tuts soon. if you like i can send you it, it explains the process in a lot more detail. good luck!!

i would like to see this

im looking for those two exe- i have the orig key.bin which came from gary opa 2.1 flash- so now i need to to pull the firmware from the new drive that my friend gave me (said he bought off ebay) and load this new key- i read the quick steps posted but cant find the exe or that complete guide and would really appreciate it

#11 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:58 PM

heres a link to my thread with the tutorial in it.

http://forums.xbox-s...ertion tutorial

its not the first link as i have updated the tut look on down the page and you will see the link to v1.1

ps i had to find my tut with the search button so you didnt look too hard!!

good luck!!

[GaZ]

#12 HansiHusten

HansiHusten

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

Gazcoigne: i love you!! that was exacly what i was looking for (these commands you posted above)
thanks m8, thanks very much wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users