• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrTimmyDigital

MrTimmyDigital

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:14 AM

Heres the story. I have a solderless Xchip and an Xbox 1.0, however, a pin on my solderless connector broke a while back, and I lost track of the solderless connector.. So now all I have is my opened up xbox and my solderless Xchip. My question is as follows: If I hardwired the xchip to the correct locations on the xbox motherboard (as shown in my crappy diagram) would it work?
And if that would work, what steps would I need to take to get my software up and running on it again, and would I still be able to flash the xchip bios from my pc with it hardwired? Look at my crappy diagram.
EDIT: And also.. in my diagram.. You see where I said the bottom of the solderless connector touches the tiny location on the motherboard? Does it really, or does that spot on the bottom of the solderless connector not have a pin? If not, then a wire would simply have to go to the D0 position from the Xchip, and not to the motherboard as well, correct?

IPB Image

Yeah it would be easy enough to get another solderless adaptor, I know... The advice that I want is not to get another solderless adaptor, but to know if this scheme of mine will work.

Edited by MrTimmyDigital, 28 September 2006 - 03:20 AM.

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:34 AM

your Idea to hardwire your 1.0 will work...... you could place your xchip anywhere in your xbox you want.

the DO wire has to be connected to the pin on the LPC port and a wire has to be connected to the chip.... is this what your asking..... you have to have the DO wire.... if you don't have a DO wire your chip will not work. If you aptempt to hardwire your chip in carefull round the DO wire... its really easy to lift a trace. If you simply want to hardwire your chip in.... you could use a Pin header... I could send you this for free and all you would have to do is Solder the DO wire, ground wire and you would have to solder in the pinheader... this is actually the best way for a chip to be installed.... If you want a pinheader... hit me up on MSN messenger if you don't get an answer here fast enough Tihspeed71@hotmail.com

Edited by tihspeed, 30 September 2006 - 12:37 AM.

#3 MrTimmyDigital

MrTimmyDigital

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:21 AM

Just hardwired the Xchip. Red light comes on, which I understand is supposed to when installed correctly. It boots to the Xbox requiring maintenance screen. Could that be because I need to flash the bios of the Xchip? HD failure?...

#4 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:44 AM

does it show a number on the screen when you get the error message... this will tell what is happening. Is the red color your speaking of flash red and green or just red? constant red or flashing? What button did you push... power or eject... try eject... then try power.... I hope you didn't solder splash your motherboard.... look carefully at your solder job.. make sure two points arn't connected together.. watch for burns... if you can take some pictures of your solder job...

does the light come on on the x-chip? have you ever flashed your xchip before?

Edited by tihspeed, 01 October 2006 - 05:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users