djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:18 AM

I did not make the script from scratch. I just modified it to make a MC360 version. Proper credit goes to the author's for that. I edited the xml files, and made a customer background to match MC360 theme. Hope you enjoy. This is more or less a MOD i made until BB team does one and adds it (Assuming they hopefully will.), if not, this works just fine if anything.

Enjoy!!!!

AppleMovieTrailer_prerelease script MOD for MC360

Of course, a picture of the MOD.

IPB Image

PS- I use Skin Zoom 2% for my 32inch Sony, so if it's not quite perfect fitting, just change it a little. Fits perfect for me though with 2%

Edited by djdafreund, 28 September 2006 - 08:24 AM.

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

You kind of missed the whole point of using the skin.xml to skin it biggrin.gif
try replacing the one in the scripts skin dir scripts/AppleMovieTrailers_prerelease/skins/Default
with this one
http://www.myfilehut...MT_skin_xml.rar
and it should make it look like this
IPB Image

#3 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

I did edit the skin.xml file to get it to look the way it does now, verses how it originally was lined up everywhere, i'm just not a skinner. I tried though at least biggrin.gif
Thanks for the link. Looks better tuned i gotta say. The main reason i did the separate mod though is if you replace just the skin.xml file in the original location, it will break support of users with Pm3 skin (IE-GUI Builder Error, Error setting up controls, check skin.xml file.), as well as this way the Movie Trailers link in MC360 will still work. I know the MC360 skin could properly be modified to just have the button point to the original script directory (You would know how to do this, but i'm limited experienced in skinning.) but that would still break support for pm3 users with getting a skin.xml error. Not that it matters to me, i haven't used anything but MC360 since it's release anyway. But still want to keep things separate in case, and all working nicely.

I will change the xml file with your provided skin.xml and reupload again as a fix. Thanks again for the assistance. I needed it. Hey, BTW, do you happen to know how to get it to directly exit back when hitting the BACK button? I'm not sure how to do this. Thanks in advance Jezz!!

Edited by djdafreund, 28 September 2006 - 05:01 PM.

#4 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

Oh yeah, the link to BETA 2. I renamed it for a cleaner name. Thanks again Jezz for the assistance!!!

AppleMovieTrailers MOD for MC360 BETA 2

#5 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

I am trying to get the background animations working but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

#6 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(roormonger @ Sep 29 2006, 05:15 AM) View Post

I am trying to get the background animations working but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

You can't animation of any kind wont work in the python skinning bit that includes multi images

#7 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:39 PM

I see, thanks. I guess i'm gonna have to use a gif

#8 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:19 AM

the thing with putting it in is if someone disables it, they will still see it. the same with custom animations. the animation will always be on in the script.

#9 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:52 AM

But dosen't this script import gui settings from the includes when it starts?

#10 ImOkRuOk

ImOkRuOk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, games: fighting, action, Gore and blood and guts and death and violence and satan
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

Now can someone tell me which xml in the mc360 skin i would edit to change the movie trailer option to this script:P

#11 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:34 PM

Well, if you downloaded the file on the current marketplace(AKA-Link above), and follow the instructions, it will already be working. Nothing else needs to be changed.

#12 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

This was working for me, now all of a sudden it wont play trailers anymore.

#13 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:50 AM

Sorry for the double post, couldnt edit above post anymore. Did some more trying with this and this is what I got.

I am running the current XBMC, with the current MC360 skin, current Apple Trailers Script from this mod, and the other script that is out there, Internet connection is good as well.

Now at first I thought neither of these the MC360 version and the other one wasnt working at all. But I kept trying movie after movie after movie, and actually found a few that WOULD play, but most did not.

Then I tried updating all catagories and but after updating the listings even those didnt play. Ive tried with low, med, and high settings for all the trailers I tried to play, and nothing.

Could this be possibly Apple changing format yet again?

[Edited to add AGAIN]

Ok using the AMT from the media blade the trailers wont work but the look of the skin is great. Going into extras>QuicktimeBrowser> and running teh script it will play the trailers fine, gives you the option of which size then plays whatever you choose. BUT the skin look is off. No images or anything.

So I am unsure as to what to do?

Edited by Fused0ne, 11 November 2006 - 12:02 PM.

#14 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:18 AM

ANyone? My above messages still go as they are written. Still having the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users