• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ldbooth

ldbooth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

I have to get the data off a lemon that will not currently boot the xbox because I broke the softmod I had installed. Now I have a new 120gig HD to transfer it to but i cannot access the drive. I just put it in my PC and tried detecting it but my Storage Management wanted to "initialize" the drive. . . . i get a feeling that is bad. First I don't know if it is locked or unlocked b/c I may have locked it before breaking the softmod. Second I need a way to get the usable data off the drive.

What computer programs could I use, or can I use my working chipped xbox to fix this?

#2 seanp2500

seanp2500

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

i would burn auto installer 3.0 to disc.... install that lemon? (what message do you get if you put it in the broken xbox?) in the xbox it came in put the 3.0 installer disc in the working chipped xbox and once the disc in the working chipped xbox spins i would hotswap that drive for the lemon then i would go to file manager on the auto installer 3.0 disc see if that drives info comes up if it does then i would restore the msdash and start the soft mod process over...i fixed a broken softmod that way the x screen would come up but the greens screens wouldnt hot swap was tricky to time see everytime you boot up that drive when its connected to its motherboard it will unlock thats the trick is hotswapping it at that time to your modded box its hard to time but might work....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users