5 replies to this topic

#1 lllsondowlll

lllsondowlll

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:37 AM

Well, I just got my xbox360 back with the nme-360 hitachi chip in and of course I have no way of ripping games FROM the 360. So I thought to myself... couldn't I just use my modded xbox1 to ftp my backup to my pc then patch it with a download SS? Well it sounded like a good idea but when I patched it, it gave me an error message. Is there some sort of alternate way I can play my xbox backups on my 360? Thanks in advance.

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:00 AM

1. Ripping from xbox won't work, exact disc layout has to be preserved.
2. Downloading of SS files is illegal and not to be discussed on the XS forum (see rules)
3. Should have thought of that before purchasing and expensive chip instead of flashing your firmware.

#3 lllsondowlll

lllsondowlll

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:37 AM

hmm that would be great and all but I actually like the whole "network off feature" so when microsoft distributes a ban across the LIVE! service I won't be one to get my 400 dollar piece of online software downgraded to a ban with no exceptions, if you ask me it was the "smarter" choice of action. besides having a hardmod or a softmod has nothing to do with the method of extraction (as of right now).

PS: And yes I read the rules and it says nothing against talking about SS it just says
Posting or requesting SS files including supplying links to sites with SS files. Security sectors are part of copyright code so don't plan on using the forums as a distribution centre for them. If you got them from the net or wherever we don't want to know on here.

Edited by lllsondowlll, 29 September 2006 - 02:46 AM.

#4 lllsondowlll

lllsondowlll

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:40 AM

Believe me im no idiot. My eyes are wide open. I have been studying the ongoing campain on modding the xbox360 and frankly.... obtaining that thing is near impossible. If you can find a way for me to purchase that "within" the us or without shipping from another country let me know. its not as simple as going to your nearest computer store and picking one up if you live in the US.

#5 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE(lllsondowlll @ Sep 28 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

patch it with a download SS?

QUOTE(lllsondowlll @ Sep 28 2006, 06:44 PM) View Post

PS: And yes I read the rules and it says nothing against talking about SS it just says:
Posting or requesting SS files including supplying links to sites with SS files. Security sectors are part of copyright code so don't plan on using the forums as a distribution centre for them. If you got them from the net or wherever we don't want to know on here.

Wanna explain that.

Your network disabling chip does nothing right now. No one knows what or how MS will react to the firmware changes. It's possible that the dash will detect it even when its offline...and the next time it goes online, bam....banned. So producing a chip that "allows backups to be played without risk of being banned" is not possible yet.

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:31 AM

If you got them from the net or wherever we don't want to know on here.

You don't understand that then.
Thread closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users