• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darktowerasylum

darktowerasylum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:17 AM

I am working on this XBox for a friend and I have no prior knowledge working on xbox systems. I have worked on Comptuers and PS2s but not XBox. This machine has been taken apart and put back together by a kid, so I was asked to work on it. Everything is hooked up right, no loose cables or anything. Original HD in it. DVD drive seems to be working fine. Anyone know what this problem code is, and what the fix for it is? Thanks Alot

#2 89c4l98

89c4l98

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:37 PM

9 - kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)

[Details]

Not very common error, please try another harddisk.

[/Details]

post in xbox problems next time... not 360

hard drive issue

#3 darktowerasylum

darktowerasylum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

Sorry Don't know where the regular XBox forums are I found this place through a search engine thought this was the general xboxz chat. Anyways.

Do I just plug a regular out of the box HD into it and do nothing new to it? Can I take the current one in there and format it and work with it that way? Do I need to add something to the HD to make it work with the XBox? Pleasge give me more info I'm a noob when it comes to working on Xbox systems. Thanks alot for all your help

#4 dayv25

dayv25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:20 AM

try to swap the ribbon cable plugs to the dvd drive & mobo, or try making sure the jumper is set on the hdd.

#5 darktowerasylum

darktowerasylum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:32 AM

I wuill try that, stupid question. What is jumper sussposed to be on, its currently on the jumpers closet to the power source. Is that where its sussposed to be?

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:26 AM

wrong section, this should be in xbox 1 hardware

moved

0 user(s) are reading this topic