• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cloudane

Cloudane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

I've got a friend's xbox here, he said it wasn't booting so could I take a look. Well, I plugged in and it worked. As soon as you turn it on, it comes up with the SmartXX boot screen where it lets you choose your BIOS. Chose Evox and off it went.

Then I turned it off. Then back on. And I see what he means - first the generic flubber animation comes on (interesting, it doesn't do that when it works) and the MS green screen of death comes up with error code 13.

Any number of power cycles using the power button doesn't help.

But if I remove the power cable altogether and plug it back in, it'll start up straight away. Once. Then next time you shut it down and power it up again, it's back to the flubber animation followed by error 13.

It's as if the modded BIOS isn't kicking in at all and it's reverting to the original, which is looking for the original dashboard.xbe which probably doesn't exist. The modded BIOS won't work until the power cable is yanked and re-plugged.

Any ideas?

Cheers

#2 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:21 PM

i don't know why its working after the power loss... but you will need to reinstall the software on the bastard.

i would say you could send it to me, but i'm in the states...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users