king360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Dont spend a lot of money on 5.1 headphones as i got one off ebay for 25 but thay are ment for pc but can be used on a xbox360. All u need is

5.1 headphones with mic
5.1 Audio Game Console Adaptor which can be got from http://www.logitech....CONTENTID=10050
And 2.5 mm Plug to 3.5 mm Socket Adaptor from http://www.proporta....t...&t_mode=des
I draw a pic to show u how to connect it. Sorry for it being so CRAP
IPB Image

#2 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:41 AM

There are no 5.1 headphones that have a mic built into them (besides maybe some pc setup that doesn't use TOSlink....of which would not work with the 360). I have a topic discussion that goes through all the available 5.1 headphone in the 'xbox 360 audio/video section'.

I have panasonic wireless dolby/DTS 5.1 with Dolby headphones technology that cost about $300, and they work great. For about $100 creative makes a pair of wired dolby/DTS 5.1 with Dolby headphones technology, but it is only available in europe....but you can order them online if you live in the states.

What i do for a mic is, i set the 360 sound setup to come through the speakers, instead of the mic. So i can hear my teamates through the headphones, and put the 360 mic around my neck and talk through the mic. Works very well.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 02 October 2006 - 07:45 AM.

#3 king360

king360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Oct 2 2006, 07:48 AM) View Post

There are no 5.1 headphones that have a mic built into them

Well i have a 5.1 headphones with mic off http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

#4 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(king360 @ Oct 2 2006, 04:05 AM) View Post

Well i have a 5.1 headphones with mic off http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok, how about finishing my quote next time:

There are no 5.1 headphones that have a mic built into them (besides maybe some pc setup that doesn't use TOSlink....of which would not work with the 360).

tongue.gif

#5 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

I missunderstood your initial post. I though you were asking, and not giving info. My appologies.

But i still do not know how that would work, because you would be using the 360's analog left and right rca cables that would hook up into that box converter, of which the 5.1 PC headphones would hook into. Can you even enable 5.1 digital in the 360's setting when you don't have a TOSlink cable hooked up to it?

With a docoder, the best i believe you could get is Dolby Pro logic II (fake 5.1 from stereo). And the reason these 5.1 headphones do not come cheap, is because they come with their own decoder. Your PC 5.1 headphones were less expensive because there is no decoder; the decoder is built into the pc sound card.

If you already have this, how does it work? See what your reciever box (decoder) reads of which type of signal it is outputting with your headphones (DD 5.1, Dolby Pro-Logic II, etc.), and let us know.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 03 October 2006 - 11:50 AM.

#6 king360

king360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

My surround sound card supports DTS,THX,DTS-ES and Dolby Digital EX

#7 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:17 AM

That's not what i was asking. I am not talking about your pc's sound card. We are talking about 5.1 via the 360, correct?

I want to know when you have you 360 all hooked up to that converter box and to your decoder, what does your decoder register it is putting out from the 360? It will say whether it is dolby 5.1, pro-logic II, or stereo. Which one?

Edited by Foe-hammer, 05 October 2006 - 09:21 AM.

#8 75BoxMc29

75BoxMc29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:26 AM

This is way back long ago but the topic interests me much so I guess I like to post my opinion. Anyway, there are lots of cheap headphones available today like the skull candy headphones but it is only for the Imo and punks. I guess if your really in for a quality headphones you must spent some money on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users