• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rahlcepx516

rahlcepx516

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

Read and read and read about PSO, Max Drive Pro. blah blah... (dont want to buy a modchip)

I am looking for a way to play backed up GC games on mini dvd-r's without using the Phantasy Star Online way etc. So in other words... Put some software on it, pop in the dvd-r and it plays. Is the only easiest way the Drive Pro way? Please shed some light for me....

P.S. Any knowledge on if the Wii will be soft moddable would be good to. Especially if it will be able to play GC games, so I can just avoid this and wait for the Wii.

#2 juan_2006

juan_2006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(rahlcepx516 @ Oct 2 2006, 04:56 PM) View Post

Read and read and read about PSO, Max Drive Pro. blah blah... (dont want to buy a modchip)

I am looking for a way to play backed up GC games on mini dvd-r's without using the Phantasy Star Online way etc. So in other words... Put some software on it, pop in the dvd-r and it plays. Is the only easiest way the Drive Pro way? Please shed some light for me....
P.S. Any knowledge on if the Wii will be soft moddable would be good to. Especially if it will be able to play GC games, so I can just avoid this and wait for the Wii.

are u on crack?? we barely know anything about the wii

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

There are only 2 ways to play backup discs on a GC... a modchip or a softmod

Softmods can only be done with PSO, Action replay, or Max Drive pro. All of which require a boot-disc of some sort to load the soft mod stored on a memory unit (since the GC doesn't have the ability to execute data on a MU through the dashboard).

What you're asking for is not currently possible (and probably wont ever be as hackers are getting ready to crack open the Wii when it arrives). You'll also probably spend more money buying crap to soft mod your GC then you would if you just bought a modchip.

As for the Wii... the console doesn't exist yet, no one can honestly comment on it's modability until someone has purchased one and brought it home.

#4 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:48 PM

Even if you softmod you have to use PSO to download the game to your computer before you burn the game to a disc.

Probably best for you to softmod though.

#5 Rustmonkey

Rustmonkey

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:54 PM

You can get a DUOQ chip for like $15 plus shipping - you will however need a broadband adapter to backup games with any of the methods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users