HoRnEyDvL

Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:18 AM

Hey guys i cant seem to get save game manager working. It keeps locking up it says please dont turn off xbox. Anyone have this problem & if so how can it be fixed im thinking its related to a corupt save game somewhere.

#2 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:56 AM

it has done the same thing on mine too for the past few releases. I think it is corrupt games saves as well, i'm just too lazy to go through them cause there are saves from like 200 or so games on my xbox.

#3 warius

warius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:00 AM

its not corrupt savegames, there's a bug that relates to something else, god knows what, but I've checked all the saves that it crashes on (3 different ones) and they all work, and are all untouched by any modifying/hack/whatever stuff.

edit: at least in my case

If you don't need the saves, It's pretty easy to just delete them using either dvd2xbox or the ms dash.

Edited by warius, 06 October 2006 - 12:05 AM.

#4 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

If it stops on a save file, open your XBMC.log in the same directory as the default.xbe and search for the error that will be mentioning the save, that way we can find out whats going on with that particular save file. It IS the save files, some cheap games are poorly programmed and the save files do not conform to Microsoft's strict requirements, and thus our simple save game manager is not made to deal with these crappy saves. Donno in all his wisdom has programmed some level of error handling into the script but he cant do everything unless people help us by providing the saves that cause the crash.

#5 warius

warius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

Ok.

The first time I tried it, the save that caused the crash was Kung Fu Chaos. As this was a piece of shit game I never played, I just deleted the save. When that problem was out of the world, it continued to scan and crashed at my (untouched) Halo 2 save. Today it crashes on my Gauntlet 2 save, so I don't know if Halo 2 will "pass". But I would think Halo 2 should conform to MS requirements. (This was however in the earlier days of that script, and maybe you've fixed it now.)

Anyhoo, I'll try to post another log (or two) when I get home from work.

#6 Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:12 PM

The save games part worked as of July 3rd's version. I went back to that for a bit, then upgraded to 2.0 and the new MC360 skin. Maybe I'll just go back to July 3rd. unsure.gif

#7 warius

warius

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=527937

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users