No replies to this topic

#1 loffler

loffler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

I havent got a 360 yet so cant try out any of the tutorials, but am confused about the DVDinfo part of the backup proceedure - in particular with the kreon firmware as this is what i am planning on using.
I have been reading up on backing up 360 games and cant find the answer anywhere.

Do you have to send custom commands every time you want to use the drive to backup or do you only need to do it once?
If you send the command wrong, how do you reset the drive to defaults?

With regards to the kreon 0.8 firmware, I gather the default is wxripper style image. If I want to make an extreme style image, i presume I have to send the custom command to change it before ripping.
Do I need to do this each time I want to rip? Will the drive reset back to defaults when I restart the PC?
How do you know it has been sent correctly, Is there a way to check, does it come up with a dialog box?

What is the advantage of wxripper style over xtreme style image or should I just not mess with this at all??
many of these questions are still valid even if I decide not to use the Samsung SH-D162C drive.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users