X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, xbox 360, xbox, modding, females......and my niggas
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:21 PM

me....but ym friend seems to love it more, and he plys it more than i do....i usually play online more than dynasty, iuve had it for 3 weeks, and have played 4 game sin dynasty

andx the create a player sucks monkey balls....very crappy

#2 jimmers

jimmers

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:23 PM

I think the game is amazing. Nothing compares to the graphics and skill stick. Of course there are some things that need improvement, but what game is perfect? I've had the game since release and have played one year in dynasty, won the world cup and am about half way through my 2nd year in dynasty. I love it!

#3 hardhead36

hardhead36

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

I havent played a NHL game in a few years, but this one I like. smile.gif Skill stick is kinda cool and makes it more realistic I do believe.

#4 krims0n

krims0n

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Poker, DJ'ing, Programmer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

It could really use an extra layer of polish, but this is probably the most "sim" hockey game I've ever played. I love it. Approximately 30 games into my first season.

#5 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:22 AM

Very good game. My friends and I spend HOURS on shootouts, they are incredible.

#6 mec9t8

mec9t8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

I love it too. I am now into 2/3 of the first dynasty season.

The only complaint I have is the "flying" menu. When you spend so many time on the dynasty mode (joggling between roster moves, edit lines, upgrades and play next game), the "flying" menu screen is getting irritating. Anybody agree? or is it just me?

Overall good game ....

#7 tayl0124

tayl0124

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:41 PM

This game is really frustrating me. I picked up this game because of the skill stick, and because my good friend usually buys the ea version of sports games. I was excited about the skill stick. Finally a game that changes things a bit. Make us learn new controls. Although I do find myself trying to pass the puck with the buttons on occasion.

I feel that the online aspect of this game sucks. Ea really needs to turn control over to Microsoft for the servers. I have never played a game that got so choppy during online play.

Maybe the game is too realistic for me in the fact that you have to train your guys, but I do expect that a goalie that is in the nhl knows how to pass the puck. As far as editing lines, yeah I have dabbled a little with that, but trying to sign another player and call him up from the minors and send someone else down. I have found that every time that I try to do this it tells me that the player cannot be called down if he is on a line. Well guess what. I checked every line and he is not on any line. It really pisses me off.

And on the graphics. They could have done better. Gameplay is good, but the opening, (always the same but with different jerseys on the players, gets kind of old. And I am amazed as to how many sets of twins go the the game when they show close ups of the crowd. Give me a break, if you are going to give the crowd that much attention in the cut scenes or what ever than do some work and make sure that the 2 of the 6 people that are on the screen aren't the dame guy.

I do admit that I usually have bought the 2k games in the past. But with this instance I have not even tried the 2k version so I cannot and will not say that 2k7 is better based on the fact that I have never played it.

That is my 2 cents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users