cyclopsw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:49 AM

Hi, I'm trying to flash a Hitachi DVD drive (47d) but it is not working. I also have a samsung DVD Drive (ms25)
I put my samsung drive into 0800 mode and I get it to start up with windows, I am also able to get a drive letter for it. So I quickly swap the SATA cable from my samsung to the hitachi (with the power also on and video plugged in) but my computer starts freezing and the drive letter disappears as well.

I've also tried using Slax's CD boot but I cannot find a way to boot from the Hitachi drive with my Sata drive. I have a VIA8271 chipset (I think, but I've used it to flash my samsung properly)

Can I get some help trying to get this hitachi drive to be visible in windows?

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:57 AM

use the 2 wire method to get it into mode b.

or

if you are scared of the 2 wire, then get a connectivity kit.

read the tutorials and dont mess anything up,

read this

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=514944

search mode b and then scroll down a little bit and you might be able to find how to do the 2 wire, but make sure you do it right or you will brick your drive.

Edited by BoNg420, 04 October 2006 - 03:04 AM.

#3 cyclopsw

cyclopsw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:07 AM

I'm going to try to avoid the 2 wire trick. Is a way to get it to flash without obtaining a connectivity kit?

I forgot I have a VIA6421

#4 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:10 AM

just do the 2 wire method, thats the only way its prob gonna work, I think hotswap can be more risky than a 2 wire. All you do is hold the wires together, turn the xbox on and as soon as you turn it on, separate the wires so they arent touching and arent touching metal IE shielding, so make your wires long enough. This my friend might be your only solution. I think once you flash it, you wont have to do 2 wire again, cuz it should go into mode b automatically(i think) So upgrading the FW in future will be easy. Slax isnt compatible with all chipsets and seems maybe your chipset dont like hotflashing. Just be careful and dont hold the wires any longer than needed. As soon as you turn the system on, just make sure the wires stop touching immediately and then look at the Ring of light and the center should be flashing. Also make sure you have your AV cables plugged in so your system dont turn off.

#5 cyclopsw

cyclopsw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:35 AM

I can boot into Slax now but I cant get past that screen where my SATA card detects the Hitachi drive. Its just stuck in DOS

#6 cyclopsw

cyclopsw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:17 PM

I might do the wire trick. But I'm still a bit confused with the tutorial that was given.

Do I have to obtain 1 or 2 wires?
If its just 1 wire, I'm assuming I connect one end to 0, and the other end to 9. and pull out at least one end of the wire once I start up the 360.
Do you also have to push out the wire out just like the tutorial or can you just slip it in?

If its with 2 wires, do you just connect one wire to 0 and the other one to the 9 and connect the 2 wires and when you start up the 360, you jsut break the connection between the two?

#7 cyclopsw

cyclopsw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

I got into modeb (the middle green light was flashing profusely)

But I couldnt get my computer to recognize the Hitachi drive.
When Windows started up, i went to device manager and my VIA6421 had the yellow exclaimation mark
I disabled it and enabled it but i could not get the hitachi drive to recognize

How can I get windows to recognize the drive after I get it into modeb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users