7 replies to this topic

#1 justicedreadz

justicedreadz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:48 PM

OK.... I admit it, I'm a noob. I have a samsung drive flashed with the extreme firmware. It plays backups just fine. Well eneryone else's except mine. I use Wx ripper to get the iso of the game onto my PC. The tutorial says all you do then is burn it to dvd dl +R. Thats the problem. It will not burn the image. It stops about 30% through and says something like bad sector. Now I'm hearing terms like security sectors and mergers.By the way, I'm using a pioneer 108 drive and a Lite-on drive as well. My question is do I HAVE TO hook up my samsung drive to my computer to get the security sectors or is there another option? The tutorial on engagenet mentions nothing of the sort. It says once you have the raw dump (iso) burn and enjoy. Someone please school me as if I'm a 5 year old with a new toy. Trust me, I won't be offended.

#2 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

SS.bin, using it?

you must use SSmerger i think it is to inject the SS into the image, or else no boot.

and for your next question, SS is security sector, you need it to boot xbox 1 and xbox 360 games on a 360.

#3 justicedreadz

justicedreadz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the reply. Two questions. Do I have to hook the 360 drive to the PC to get the security sector? Or do I pull it from the ISO that I ripped with Wx Ripper? When I get it, do I then use SS merger to inject into the iso or what. I saw a tut on the ss merger which also included using iso splitter. I'm assuming thats where the .bin comes from or am I barking up the wrong tree. Once I figure out where to get the SS from, I should be OK. I'm just tired of wasting DL DVD's (7 and counting) Any help is much appreciated.

#4 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(justicedreadz @ Oct 5 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

Do I have to hook the 360 drive to the PC to get the security sector?

yes.

#5 justicedreadz

justicedreadz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:44 PM

Oh well, looks like I'm out of luck. I'm not taking that thing apart again. Then whats the deal with this tutorial at http://www.clevermod....php?article=12 I guess the method they use is not true.

#6 Software2

Software2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Computing, gaming, and uh... is there anything else in life?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:11 AM

If you want an easier way, and are willing to throw a little more money at the problem, might I suggest buying a SH-D162C drive? You'll never have to rip apart your 360 again* biggrin.gif

*Except to flash new firmwares, should you choose to do so.

#7 justicedreadz

justicedreadz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:20 AM

So is it safe to say that the tutorial from clevermod is BS? It doesn't mention anything about getting the SS by hooking up the 360 drive to the PC.

What's the difference in that drive? It's just a regular ROM drive right?

#8 xman1111

xman1111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(Software2 @ Oct 6 2006, 12:18 AM) View Post

If you want an easier way, and are willing to throw a little more money at the problem, might I suggest buying a SH-D162C drive? You'll never have to rip apart your 360 again* biggrin.gif
*Except to flash new firmwares, should you choose to do so.

that is what i just did, bought one of Ebay, should rectify a bunch of problems. i don't want to hook up my hitachi drive to my PC anymore, what a pain in the a**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users