• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:53 AM

Hey guys! Let me start from the beginning...
It was a snowy day on my birthday and my Xbox hard drive decides to die. What a present! laugh.gif Any who, I bought a brand new IDE hard drive from a local computer store. I plugged it into my computer and booted up XboxHDM. I built the hard drive from scratch and all thatr good stuff. After that, I changed the "Jumper Configuration Table" to "Cable Select". Finally, I cracked my Xbox open and installed the hard drive... I am now recieveing error 9 while the eject button blinks Green/Red. I did some research, and found out that this means "9 - kernel - HDD parameters (PIO/DMA/or size {debug}, certain size minimum is required for debug)". Any suggestions on fixing this? Thanks!! biggrin.gif

#2 LiquidICE

LiquidICE

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Xboxes,hacking,modding,mud ridin, shootin guns,working on cars.....and playing football.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:57 AM

I don't really know how fix that, but you can set the jumpers on master. Oh yea, make sure your IDE cables are plugged in tight enough.

Edited by LiquidICE, 06 October 2006 - 03:01 AM.

#3 Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(LiquidICE @ Oct 5 2006, 09:04 PM) View Post

I don't really know how fix that, but you can set the jumpers on master. Oh yea, make sure your IDE cables are plugged in tight enough.

Thanks for the reply! I checked all the IDE cables, and they all seem to be ok. I did swich around the jumper a little and I am recieveing error 7 while on "Slave". I did some research, and I found out this means "7 - kernel - HDD timeout". Is there any way to fix this?

Edited by Shadow of Death, 06 October 2006 - 03:22 AM.

#4 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:50 AM

..sadly, no sleep.gif Your newly installed hdd is dead sad.gif

#5 Shadow of Death

Shadow of Death

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:44 PM

ohmy.gif sad.gif
Are you sure? I mean, I can hear the disk spinning and everything. I tried it on my computer, and it works fine!

#6 seanp2500

seanp2500

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

hmmm hmmm and you were able to lock to your eeprom i take it and backed up c and e and installed them on harddrive with xboxhdm1.9? interesting problem indeed you were successful in locking the drive with your eeprom? what brand model drive is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users