ltd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

I recently bought this version 1.0 xbox which I was planning on flashing the TSOP. When the xbox boots, I see the X logo, then it goes straight to the "your xbox needs service" screen. There is no error code in the upper left corner, but from what I've read, a version 1.0 may not or will not display an error code. When I boot it with a game in the DVD, it trys to load the game, then I think I hear it try to check the HD, then it goes to the error screen. From the time I see the X logo to the error screen is 15-20 seconds. Whether I have the game in or not, I never see the MS below the X logo. So I believe the HD is no good.

From what I've read, the HD is unlocked when you see the MS under the logo, but I never see it. So since it will not load the game, I can't use my 007 exploit, and obviously can't use a boot disk.

I know I know, all I have to do is install a chip, then replace the HD, but that would be too easy, I like a challenge.

So I've read the xbox-to-xbox hotswapping tutorials, and I'm wondering if it would work in this situation. I have 3 other modded xbox's I can use. Would it be possible to unlock the HD in one of my modded xbox's, and use it on the unmodded xbox so I can load my 007 exploit & flash the TSOP?

If there is absolutely no solutions other than a chip, I'm fine w/ that, but I wanted to see if there's another way 1st.

TIA

#2 Andronicus

Andronicus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Modifying quantium vortex apperatures
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

I know tsop flashing is fun, but chipping this will save you a ton of time!!

If you realy want to do the tsop flash, try unlocking it with HDDUNLOCK , then use aXBOXHDM disk to load on you exploit.

The Xbox to Xbox hotswap doesn't realy work that well. I have tried, and fragged my harddrive.

You can't unlock the harddrive in a different xbox. The unlock key is in the EEPROM of your xbox, so a different xbox will have the wrong key.

If you realy want to do the tsop flash, try unlocking it with HDDUNLOCK , then use aXBOXHDM disk to load on you exploit.

The Xbox to Xbox hotswap doesn't realy work that well. I have tried, and fragged my harddrive.

You can't unlock the harddrive in a different xbox. The unlock key is in the EEPROM of your xbox, so a different xbox will have the wrong key.

#3 evilomen

evilomen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

No. Like ^^he said (twice) the hard drive wont be able to unlock, therefore will give you an error screen. I see a chip as the only solution.

As for the xbox to xbox hotswap not working, thats how I softmod any xbox, using my chipped xbox to hotswap into and FTPing the exploit over..

Edited by evilomen, 06 October 2006 - 03:40 PM.

#4 ltd

ltd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(evilomen @ Oct 6 2006, 10:45 AM) View Post

No. Like ^^he said (twice) the hard drive wont be able to unlock, therefore will give you an error screen. I see a chip as the only solution.

As for the xbox to xbox hotswap not working, thats how I softmod any xbox, using my chipped xbox to hotswap into and FTPing the exploit over..

So would you say my HD is toast, since the MS dash wont boot, or load a retail game?

So when you xbox-xbox hotswap, are you taking the unmodded HD & hotswapping to the modded xbox to load the exploit? If so, could I do this & use slayers disk to rebuild/repair the unmodded HD?

thanks for the replies!

#5 ltd

ltd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Andronicus @ Oct 6 2006, 10:05 AM) View Post

here is my thought process, correct me if I'm wrong.

xbox-xbox hotswapping..... Booting up my modded xbox, which unlocks the HD, then powering on the unmodded xbox, then hotswapping the unlocked modded HD to the unmodded box b4 it gets to the error screen. yeah, it sounds f'd up to me too.

If I chipped it, would I be able to flash the TSOP then remove the chip?

Can I get another HD, rebuild as a retail HD & reinstall......what would MS do to repair this xbox?

thanks fo rthe reply!

#6 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

When hotswapping, here is a little tip, unplug the dvd drive!

Error 11/12 is more forgiving to hotswap than any other error is.

Just a little help with the hotswap, but if indeed you have the equivalent to an error 7 box, you will more than likely not be able to get that hdd to unlock.

#7 Andronicus

Andronicus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Modifying quantium vortex apperatures
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

The only way to unlock the harddrive is
a) boot in ORIGINAL xbox, (with DVD unplugged is esear); or
cool.gif us HDDUnlock for the low low price of $3

After it is unlocked, you can put it in a moded Xbox, or use XBOXHDM to put stuff on to it. If you chose option a), you must do a hotswap. option cool.gif allows you to not do a hotswap, and should be ez-er, but less fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users