• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:32 PM

Ok I've checked the sticky and found these pages
First
Second
What is the resistance supposed to be between the purple points in the second link? I'm getting 40kohm.
When I follow the trace on the bottom from R3G4 I found a point where resistance jumps from o to 40k.
Since I figured this may be a break I bridged the points.
This caused the box to remain off when pluged in however both power and eject buttons had to be pressed at the same time to turn on or off. Also the only way to open the tray was to hold both buttons down on power up but then tray had to be pushed closed and couldn't be reopened. I also noticed that if the eject button was held in it would power down.
Tore it apart again and thought I may have shorted the trace next to it which goes to the eject button so I desoldered and ran a jumper directly from R3G4 point to the purple pin on the chip. This resulted in the auto power on when pluged in but the tray opens and closes with the eject button normally.

Any ideas should I remove the jumper and try to resolder the trace again? This is driving me nuts, any help is greatly appreciated.

*edit*
By the way the "break" was right at a white mark/line about half way across the bottom front of the board.

Edited by spyvie, 06 October 2006 - 11:44 PM.

#2 spyvie

spyvie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

Nevermind. It was the trace. Patched it with a piece of kynar and it's good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users