19 replies to this topic

#1 nuttyjr

nuttyjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:15 AM

be4 u laugh at this ideau i no this is overkill muhaha.gif But i want my cube to b uniq the raiter and resivor would be in a seprate box. i would use aircompressor quikdiskenks oops spelling suks but its all gona b homebrew waterblok and all i herd of guys gettin ratiers at autozone wat exactly do they get?

thx any help apershated NUTTYJR

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

Huh huh.gif

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:32 PM

1. When talking abut "homebrew" on a console it refers to software not physical items, but that's the least of your grammatical problems.

2. You would never use an AIR-compressor with a WATER-cooled system, typically the water is moved using waterproof pumps.

3. There is no reason to custom build any of this of you're making it external, off the shelf parts should work fine

4. Based on the small amount of space between the chips and the DVD drive, it's doubtful you'd be able to fit a water-block in there, custom or otherwise.

5. Based on your communication skills I wouldn't recommend going anywhere near the tools required to do this as you might... actually on second though... have fun!

#4 nuttyjr

nuttyjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:03 AM

ok i do no wat im tlkin bout but i was half asleep when i rote this. i would use a pump, add for the homemade stuff, i saw ware a guy made a custom systym useing a thin piece of copper and a coppre pipe cap soo tell me if u think its doable?

#5 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

Anything is doable, you just have to make sure you do it right. You'll have to use a water block that has connections for the hoses on the sides since you'll never fit it in otherwise.

And by the way, write in English please!

#6 beige

beige

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(nuttyjr @ Oct 6 2006, 08:22 PM) View Post

be4 u laugh at this ideau i no this is overkill muhaha.gif But i want my cube to b uniq the raiter and resivor would be in a seprate box. i would use aircompressor quikdiskenks oops spelling suks but its all gona b homebrew waterblok and all i herd of guys gettin ratiers at autozone wat exactly do they get?

thx any help apershated NUTTYJR

[Translation:]
Before you laugh at this idea, I know this is overkill. muhaha.gif But i want my cube to be unique.
This is all going to be homebuilt, waterblock and all. The radiator and reservoir would be located in a seperate box. I would use an air line quick disconnect fittings between the Gamecube and the coolant reservoir/radiator box.

I've heard of guys getting radiators at Autozone, what exactly do you get?
[/translation]

You don't want to use air compressor fittings in this because they tend to leak.
The "radiator" you want is probably going to be an aftermarket oil cooler used for transmissions.

Edited by beige, 12 October 2006 - 01:33 AM.

#7 nuttyjr

nuttyjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:00 AM

ok thx for all the info ph34r.gif the stock heatsink meashurments are 1/2 tall X 2 1/4 wide X 4 1/2 long i think i could cram a waterblok in thare someware muhaha.gif would u guys b able to tell me about how big those radiaders are? thx allot

#8 EverestX

EverestX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:PC Gamer, Console Collector, Raging Movie & Cartoon Addict, full time nerd.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

It's do-able, yeah. REasonable or useful no. You would making a custom waterblock about the size of the original heatsink all in one piece and it would have ot be small so you would likely be running 7/16 lines out of it to an external res. I say a line in on 1 side and out on the other. If you could machine it it's doable, but an external res would be ugly and you would make your game cube bigger... Who wants that?

#9 nuttyjr

nuttyjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:06 PM

sry for bringin this up again but i cant find a copper block to use for a custom watreblock.I no how im going to do it just dont have a block.Im going to put my resivor ratier ect im an old ps2 case and my cube will sit on top and b painted to mach my cube soo it will look ok i guss. here is the site that im getting the idea from soo here homeade watercoolimg

Edited by nuttyjr, 22 October 2006 - 06:07 PM.

#10 beige

beige

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:02 AM

Use aluminum if you can't find copper.

#11 nuttyjr

nuttyjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:51 AM

ok thx allot. Is thhe heat transfer still as good as copper?

Edited by nuttyjr, 24 October 2006 - 12:52 AM.

#12 beige

beige

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:53 AM

It's lower, but I really doubt it will be an issue in an application such as this.
Are you going to be machining this or do you have other plans?

#13 nuttyjr

nuttyjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:58 AM

im nt really shure im in the sevth grade so im not really supost to be useing anything in the shop class yet but i think ill be able to dremel most of it out so it depends if its aluminum or copper so yea. I just broke my ribbin cabel for the controller ports so i have some tedius sottering to do pain in the ass sottering ph34r.gif blink.gif u guys no ware i could pick up a cheap controller port chip?

Edited by nuttyjr, 25 October 2006 - 03:00 AM.

#14 beige

beige

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:40 AM

It's gonna take you forever to dremel that out.
You're better off drawing up the layout, then getting someone in shop class who can use the milling machine to cut it for you. If you're in a drafting class (or possibly an art class), then you can probably score some extra credit for drawing that.

#15 nuttyjr

nuttyjr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:36 AM

ok thanks not a bad idea thanx allot ill have some before picts up by like holoween k llater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users