• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sepias

sepias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:03 PM

I'm trying to hook up an external USB drive to my Xbox so I can use it to save my games and such to. I followed the instruction in the tutorial section and I can't get the 360 to detect it. I downloaded partition magic v.8 so I could format my 40 gig external to Fat32. I partitioned and formatted it, the computer sees it fine but the xbox wont recognize it. I have gone through the "Set up" menu several times with no avail, and same for the "Search for memory" option under System. Anyone know were I'm going wrong? I know the USB drive is a 2.0, I've tried getting my 1gig thumb drive to work as well but it won't see it either. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(sepias @ Oct 7 2006, 03:10 PM) View Post
I'm trying to hook up an external USB drive to my Xbox so I can use it to save my games and such to. I followed the instruction in the tutorial section and I can't get the 360 to detect it. I downloaded partition magic v.8 so I could format my 40 gig external to Fat32. I partitioned and formatted it, the computer sees it fine but the xbox wont recognize it. I have gone through the "Set up" menu several times with no avail, and same for the "Search for memory" option under System. Anyone know were I'm going wrong? I know the USB drive is a 2.0, I've tried getting my 1gig thumb drive to work as well but it won't see it either. Any help would be appreciated.

It will never work for saving games to it. It will only function to serve music and pictures.

#3 sepias

sepias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:24 AM

I was afraid of that. Is there a way to modify a drive, like a laptop SATA drive, to work with the xbox HDD socket? I've seen the HDD adapters out there that let you hook it up to the PC.

#4 Zippy84

Zippy84

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

Nope. Not yet. There aren't any programs yet to be able to format drives to the 360's file system. Probably wont see anything like this until we see some homebrew appear...

#5 sepias

sepias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

Then I guess my only hope is to buy a used external and just clone my first HDD to my second... right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users