3 replies to this topic

#1 wertyxhts

wertyxhts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

i want to get some paint, but i'm not sure what local store carries them. I live in California. Should I get spray paint from like Home Depot, Lowes or from an automotive store? Which works best on the stock 360 case? I heard Plastik was good, but I'm not sure where I can get that here.

#2 CharlieMurphi

CharlieMurphi

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Cars, electronics, computers, videogames
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:55 AM

Alright im not sure what kind of paint/paintjob your looking to get, but heres what you need to do. If you want a metallic flake look, go to autozone and buy these few things.

* 320 gritt sand paper
* Dupli-color sandable primer
* Dupli-color paint called metallic flake (on the can it has some shiny pieces of metal flake...you cant miss it biggrin.gif )
* Dupli-color clear laquer

Again as far as what you are trying to achieve, im not sure if you would want to go with this setup, but this paint is really high quality. Go with DUPLI-COLOR for some great results.

#3 snow rider221

snow rider221

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(CharlieMurphi @ Oct 8 2006, 03:02 AM) View Post

* Dupli-color paint called metallic flake (on the can it has some shiny pieces of metal flake...you cant miss it biggrin.gif )

its actually called Duplicolor Metal Speck, and it works great but its only available in like 4 colors

#4 FreeSkiier

FreeSkiier

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:56 PM

KRYLON!!! byfar the best paint if you know how to paint. they have the best colors and has a very nice finsh. and for the clear coat go with the all american or somthing is in a tan can thats the best combo i have found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users