Photo

Backing Up With Hitachi 47, Firmware 2.2..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 111spider111

111spider111

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:35 PM

Ok so i'm new to this whole Flash,backup,burn,play thing. I got good at the softmod on the old xbox but this one is kinda kicking my ass. Something that i really don't understand is this. I read in the 2.2fw that just came out for the Hitachi drives that it enabled the use of the SS to be read..I have tried to backup a game using the Xbox backup utility and it still will not let me backup the game using the Hitachi drive.

So with that being said i decided to read the Readme.txt that came with the Maximum-Grandix-Hitachi 2.2fw. It says how to backup a game with ISOBuster. Well after about 2 hours after ripping the 7.4 -/+ gig of NNN to my hard drive i run the getss.bat. I put the SS.BIN and GAME.ISO into the folder and run the Batch file to make the .000 file and .dvd file.

I then have CDClone up and running and goto Write. First off it tells me that my DVD is only 4.7gb and the only way it can burn is if it (Writes until end of media or Overburn). I told it to write until End Of Media. So it writes until the end of the media.

I pop the game into my Xbox, Turn on the Xbox and it thinks that the GAME i just burnt is a DVD. I get the error on the screen "Please put this game in an xbox 360" And i have the DVD menu.

Can someone please tell me what is going on here? I'm using a TDK burner. HP+DVD DL discs.

Thank You,

111-SPIDER-111

#2 X-calibre

X-calibre

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:40 PM

What media are you trying to copy on to?

As far as I know you need to use DVD-R/DVD+R Dual Layer media.

#3 111spider111

111spider111

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(X-calibre @ Oct 9 2006, 02:47 PM) View Post

What media are you trying to copy on to?

As far as I know you need to use DVD-R/DVD+R Dual Layer media.

I'm using a TDK burner.

HP DVD+R DL discs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users