Photo

I Shall Be The First To Build The Ps3 Grill!

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#31 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:30 PM

Wow you must have an active imagination if you acctually think the ps3 and the GF grill has any likeness.

Maybe the new GGR62 looks like the ps3 though but the original white one acctually more resembles the x360 then the ps3. And the 10th anniversary editions is almost spot on what the 360 looks like.

#32 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

you actually looked up grill pics to make comparisons?

jester.gif

And if you didnt, why/how do you know what they look like, by model # no less?

uhh.gif

pop.gif

#33 silentbob343

silentbob343

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 29 2006, 02:07 PM) View Post

you actually looked up grill pics to make comparisons?

jester.gif

And if you didnt, why/how do you know what they look like, by model # no less?

uhh.gif

pop.gif

I had to look it up as well. The only foreman grill I've used the original, which looks nothing like the PS3 so I didn't see the comparison. I wanted to see what new grills looked like and if the comparison was well founded.

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Oct 29 2006, 08:53 AM) View Post

Hmmm, how does a 360 resemble a blender lol, the PS3 actually looks like a george foreman grill, thus why i assume hes making a grill. rofl

I'm guessing based on the noise, but a better idea might be the 360 hair dryer, dust buster, leaf blower, etc.
http://gaming.multip...s...20&fid=3406

#34 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:16 AM

Yeh ive seen the grill that looks a bit like the 360. Ive been shopping around for grills, andit looks like no matter what grill i get, its gunna have to be chopped up a bit to fit in the PS3 case. Does anyone know whats underneath the grilling surface? Im guessing there will be some kind of heating element or something.

Still looking for someone to get me a PS3 at launch/shortly after launch! (As i said before ill pay that person for the PS3, of course jester.gif ) Only like 17 or so days till the PS3 is launched!

#35 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

I've never opened one up but I would imagine it heats the grilling surface using nichrome wire, as most electric heating devices do.

In that case it wont take up much space at all, but you'll definitly want to shield the plastic parts of the case with metal to keep them from melting.

#36 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 30 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

I've never opened one up but I would imagine it heats the grilling surface using nichrome wire, as most electric heating devices do.

In that case it wont take up much space at all, but you'll definitly want to shield the plastic parts of the case with metal to keep them from melting.

I may be wrong but I think that consoles use thermo setting plastics that don't melt. The same kind that saucepan handles are made from so they dont melt. But ofcourse, shield it just to be sure.

Sweet project aswell. I think the PS3 actually looks more like some models of barbecues than a George Foreman, but its still a grill. happy.gif

#37 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Boiker @ Oct 30 2006, 10:36 AM) View Post

I may be wrong but I think that consoles use thermo setting plastics that don't melt. The same kind that saucepan handles are made from so they dont melt. But ofcourse, shield it just to be sure.

Sweet project aswell. I think the PS3 actually looks more like some models of barbecues than a George Foreman, but its still a grill. happy.gif

you're probably right about the plastic but you'd better safe then sorry.

Also you're definitly right about the PS3 looking more like a traditional grill then a George Forman grill.

it has to do with the rounded barrel shape of the PS3

IPB Image

IPB Image

the split across the center just makes the top half look like it should lift up like a grill

#38 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:24 PM

So the PS3's case is going to be made out of plastic? Ive heard different things from different people as to weather the case will be made out of metal or plastic. But yeah, ive given some thought as to what I could do to prevent the plastic from melting, if the case was made of plastic.

So if i do end up having to cut up the grilling surface a bit, i can just bend the nichrome wire or something so i dont cut it aswell. I imagine the wire would be somehow attached to the bottom of the grill surface, not actually going through the grill surface, if that makes sense.

#39 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

Bump to the top.

Well, so far its not lookin like ill be able to get a PS3 at launch, unless i buy one of those extremley overpriced preorders on ebay....damn.

Oh well, ill have to wait a few weeks longer....

#40 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:49 AM

Well, just thought id let everyone know ive resorted to bidding on 20GB systems on ebay....im that desperate. They seem to be going for a resonable price atm, but knowing ebay, theyll probly go to like $2000 in the last 10 mins or something.....

Well heres hoping....

#41 silentbob343

silentbob343

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(bigjimmy @ Nov 6 2006, 04:56 AM) View Post

Well, just thought id let everyone know ive resorted to bidding on 20GB systems on ebay....im that desperate. They seem to be going for a resonable price atm, but knowing ebay, theyll probly go to like $2000 in the last 10 mins or something.....

Well heres hoping....

lol I give you credit you really want to see this thing through.

#42 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

lol I give you credit you really want to see this thing through.

Well, yeh ive kinda commited myself to making this happen lol i dont want to dissapoint all the people out there that want to see this happen. Plus i really want to be the first to post a tut on how to open the PS3.... lol

#43 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

Woot! I just ordered a 20GB PS3 and Ridgeracer from play-asia. (Thanks soooo much explosive2!!)

So, I will (hopefully) have the PS3 by next friday (17th). So, on the PS3 Grill site I will also be putting a tutorial on how to open the PS3, and plent of pics of the insides of the system.

Lol $1400 well spent.... blink.gif

#44 nickthegreat

nickthegreat

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:54 AM

don't know if this has been posted yet - but thought you might like it jimmy.
http://www.kotaku.co...iron-212573.php

#45 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:25 AM

Lol now thats funny....so which ones the PS3 again? lol

Gotta love old people.

EDIT: Yay 350 posts!!

Edited by bigjimmy, 07 November 2006 - 07:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users