2 replies to this topic

#1 skyman100

skyman100

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hi all

Just hooked up my xbox to my samsung 32r41b LCD TV (uk) and set the xbox to NTSC and conected via components.

But anything 720 or 1080 comes out ghosting !!!!!!!!!

Its picking up the screen info correct as its says 720x1280 but the pictures awful

Fauly cable or TV ?????

Edited by skyman100, 11 October 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#2 BDiddy

BDiddy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

Bumping because I'm having a similar problem. I FINALLY got my component cable today (damn UPS) and hooked it up, went into the MS dash and enabled the video modes. The problem is that I too am getting some serious ghosting, as well as colours that seem off and the video switching on and off at times (or even scrambling, like when I ran ConfigMagic). Aside from the cables being faulty (and if they are I am SO going to hurt someone), could it be a problem with my bios/dashboard? I'm running some version of EvoX right now (been a while since I've checked what version).

#3 Ustauk

Ustauk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(BDiddy @ Oct 23 2006, 03:21 PM) View Post

Bumping because I'm having a similar problem. I FINALLY got my component cable today (damn UPS) and hooked it up, went into the MS dash and enabled the video modes. The problem is that I too am getting some serious ghosting, as well as colours that seem off and the video switching on and off at times (or even scrambling, like when I ran ConfigMagic). Aside from the cables being faulty (and if they are I am SO going to hurt someone), could it be a problem with my bios/dashboard? I'm running some version of EvoX right now (been a while since I've checked what version).

I'm getting the same thing. When I enable HD resolutions on my original XBox, (480p, 720p, and/or 1080i), I'm getting faint image echoes or shadows to the right of delineations, like text or faces. This is particularly noticible in XBox media centre, when browsing through files against a white background, but it is apparent in game and video as well. I can set the screen to widescreen (480i) without issue, but as soon as I enable any HD resolution, I get this problem. I have tried different sets of component cables. The AV kit is a Mad Catz one on a new Panasonic 50PX75 1080i TV. The kit was used with S-video on my old 27" sd Panasonic for many years prior to this. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users