• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shotbythepope

shotbythepope

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:33 PM

I logged onto Halo 2 live. No one was on and it seemed quite odd. I tried to host Rumble Practice but it said that I do not have the maps. Help me please.
And why wasn't anyone on?

Edited by shotbythepope, 12 October 2006 - 03:34 PM.

#2 I Want More CowBell

I Want More CowBell

The only Prescription is....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Get out! This part is just for the men!!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:37 PM

have you downloaded the new maps...if so...go re download them they might be corrupted

#3 hardhead36

hardhead36

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:34 PM

After you log in to xbox live through Halo2, click on the menu that says "Content Download". You will need to download all three map packs in order to play on live. (as most of them are being cycled in current playlists). Be patient with the packs downloading, the bar DOES move! It just takes a while. I have a 10 MB connection and the first pack still took at least 20 mins. blink.gif

#4 shotbythepope

shotbythepope

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

Ok thanks. My connection is only 3.5 tongue.gif . But how come there was like, no one on line? I mean, its LIVE. I expected half the world to be playing.

#5 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(shotbythepope @ Oct 13 2006, 05:15 AM) View Post
Ok thanks. My connection is only 3.5 tongue.gif . But how come there was like, no one on line? I mean, its LIVE. I expected half the world to be playing.

I don't think you were actually connected to Live. You can't get into matchmaking until you have the updated maps and xbes. You cannot chose to "Host Rumble Practice". You just hit rumble practice and it tries to join an already created room.

If you were connected to live you're going to need to make some changes to your router. Yes you may have been able to send and receive data on live but sometimes you cannot connect to other players and play games without configuring things first.

Edited by BCfosheezy, 13 October 2006 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users