X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

I posted this in the wrong forum earlier. Sorry

I have had a streak of bad luck with my 360. First it was freezing and locking up. Tryed the heat gun trick and it worked for a while. Same thing is happening again. I have the 360 booting now but the drive won't stay closed. It just keeps ejecting when I try to close it. It is a sammy drive with xtreme33. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

PS
Thank you microsoft for my $400.00 paper weight grr.gif

#2 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hmmmmm its either the DVD drive daughterboard or the motherboard thats your problem (no duh! lol)

By the sounds of it, its more likely a motherboard thing. Sorry to say that there probly isnt a lot you can do, apart from get a new motherboard and/or DVD drive.

Just reflash your DVD drive with an earlier version of the firmware, cause the firmware could be the culprit aswell. Anyone else got any ideas as to what it mite be?

#3 lord^infamous

lord^infamous

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

I think I have the same issue as you and when I slam it shut, it'll stop blinking and read discs normally. it's very annoying but i've learned to live with it until I can find someone with a dead laser that wants to sell their whole drive so I can just swap my laser into it.

#4 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(Cappadonna @ Oct 12 2006, 08:39 PM) View Post

PS
Thank you microsoft for my $400.00 paper weight grr.gif

thank yourself, you modded the firmware not them. if you hadnt then you could have got it repaired smile.gif

#5 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:17 AM

I had the same problem. Also the tray would get stuck sometimes when I tried opening it. It would never open in vertical and would sometimes open in horizontal. I took apart my drive and replaced the motor belt with a slightly smaller rubber band I found in my desk. Now it works perfect. Drive opens all the time, everytime - even in vertical. The drive closes now too. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users