2 replies to this topic

#1 IraqiDrunk

IraqiDrunk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 09:08 PM

Okay, so I install the latest version of Evolution X and I'm trying to figure out how to LAN my PC to the Xbox. I went into the system information and menu pops up with network options. The blue text at the top says IP and it doesn't show anything. Below that, in the other color, it says IP and it gives me something like 192.128.1.200 or something... I typed that one in Flash FXP and it didn't connect to it. Can anyone help me out?

#2 itsluch

itsluch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 12:55 AM

I got the same problem too. I've been going at it for 3 days now and I still can't get it to go. I've tried almost every combination of setting up ip addresses everyone has said in this forum and still no luck. I'm running win 98 and begining to wonder if it's the computer that can't be networked. I already bought 2 crossover cables and 2 nic pci cards thinking maybe something was defective. Now I'm debating about buying a hub. Is having win 98 my problem in not getting connected to the xbox? unsure.gif

#3 freakycody

freakycody

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 May 2003 - 04:38 AM

Are you connecting it up to a router? If you are, make sure your router is set to DHCP. Plug in the ethernet cord, turn on xbox. When Xbox boots up, on the evox skin (without going to settings) there should be an IP number (it should not end in .200). If you see this, use flashfxp and type it in, type in login name as xbox, and password as xbox. This should work. It worked for me. If you are not using a router, i am not sure what you need to do. Hopefully someone will know, if know one else replies, post this question in the slayer 2.1 post, it will be ansewered there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users