• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rich246

Rich246

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

All the sites I've been viewing, I sae that nonone has downloads, then I found out thatusers are required to hace system link or xbl, which I have neither, I'm aware desribution of the decals.bin isn't allowed, just like disributing the gta3.img isn't.

But distributing the txd and dffs from gta is allowed, so Is distributing the tga's?

Not everyone has XBL or System Link... If distributing is not allowed how do people without those 2 things get the kick ass decals?

Thanks.

Rich

#2 Jake242

Jake242

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(Rich246 @ Oct 13 2006, 07:07 PM) View Post

All the sites I've been viewing, I sae that nonone has downloads, then I found out thatusers are required to hace system link or xbl, which I have neither, I'm aware desribution of the decals.bin isn't allowed, just like disributing the gta3.img isn't.

But distributing the txd and dffs from gta is allowed, so Is distributing the tga's?

Not everyone has XBL or System Link... If distributing is not allowed how do people without those 2 things get the kick ass decals?

Thanks.
Rich

a .tga file is a normal picture format........... you can distribute that like a crazy person if you want.......no laws against that(maybe copyright laws on the pictures tho............but thats something different)

#3 Rich246

Rich246

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

if that is so, why does every site say xbl or sys link is needed? I have no way of getting either....

#4 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:14 AM

They import the car for you and you just buy it off them. They don't want some people finding out how to get it on live.

#5 Rich246

Rich246

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:05 PM

by "buying" do you mean paying... that would be more illegal than just giving out the .dat... but I still do not understand why the tgas cannot be given out if cars can be sold.

#6 Jake242

Jake242

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Rich246 @ Oct 28 2006, 02:12 PM) View Post

by "buying" do you mean paying... that would be more illegal than just giving out the .dat... but I still do not understand why the tgas cannot be given out if cars can be sold.

once again.......... .tga is a file format on the same level as .jpeg

but a .tga alone is not enough........ you need to insert it into the decals.bin

and decals.bin is a copyrighted piece of format(made for forza)

once the car is made(either with decals.bin or with editing the save game levrie) the car can be sold......even to xbox live

#7 Rich246

Rich246

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Jake242 @ Oct 28 2006, 12:13 PM) View Post

once again.......... .tga is a file format on the same level as .jpeg

but a .tga alone is not enough........ you need to insert it into the decals.bin

and decals.bin is a copyrighted piece of format(made for forza)

once the car is made(either with decals.bin or with editing the save game levrie) the car can be sold......even to xbox live

I understand fully what you are saying, but anyone can import a tga to the decals.bin right? it doesnt take rocket science, even if it does, someone could explain...

people distribute txd files for the gta series, and people insert them into the gta3/player.img, why does it seem so hard for Forza.

#8 Jake242

Jake242

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Rich246 @ Oct 29 2006, 02:40 PM) View Post

I understand fully what you are saying, but anyone can import a tga to the decals.bin right? it doesnt take rocket science, even if it does, someone could explain...

people distribute txd files for the gta series, and people insert them into the gta3/player.img, why does it seem so hard for Forza.

it doesn't take rocket science......... but it does take tools made for the job.
im not sure if those tools are made available from forza customs anymore....... if they aren't I would happy to give you a link.

Jake~

#9 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Jake242 @ Oct 30 2006, 12:46 PM) View Post

it doesn't take rocket science......... but it does take tools made for the job.
im not sure if those tools are made available from forza customs anymore....... if they aren't I would happy to give you a link.

Jake~

Tools here. smile.gif

#10 Rich246

Rich246

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Oct 30 2006, 12:09 PM) View Post

Tools here. smile.gif

Ok.. but now i have the tools, I can make my own... but why is distributing a tga file so hard?.. no one seems to answer that

#11 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(Rich246 @ Oct 30 2006, 09:15 PM) View Post

Ok.. but now i have the tools, I can make my own... but why is distributing a tga file so hard?.. no one seems to answer that

Er, it was answered entirely correctly in the 2nd post in this thread. huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users