CandieCorpse

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:41 PM

Ugh. alright i got the chip installed corrctly , http flashed the chip with a 256k bios now it frags, i switched the switch on the chip which i was told it is to turn it on and off but i think it was a bank switch becouse now it loads to the cromwell bios again, my question is what size/ or bios should use with this chip befor i flash it again?

thanks.

Edited by CandieCorpse, 13 October 2006 - 06:42 PM.

#2 CandieCorpse

CandieCorpse

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:01 PM

ok well this is stupid, is thre any one with an external programmer that can flash this chip for me?

#3 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:40 PM

1. Why would anyone buy such a lame product (made by the same idiots who made the spider chip).
2. Why didn't you research what size BIOS file to use BEFORE you tried to flash it?
3. What programmer? blink.gif

HyperX is nothing but a rip off (just like it's predecessor).

Next time use a 1MB BIOS (like it says on their website).

#4 CandieCorpse

CandieCorpse

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:05 AM

yeah its not my first chip i have ever used i thought it had two banks my fualt for not reading up on it ( it didnt even come with instructions) a chip is a chip i didnt need anything special , i dont know what type of programmer one that can flash a hyper x from a pc i suppose.

#5 Nathan Explosion

Nathan Explosion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hyper X REFLASH

To re-flash DO NOT FLASH THE SECOND BIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boot your xbox with onboard chip switch in the opposite position from the original flash, you should see the flash screen. Just move the switch back to the original position WITHOUT TURNING THE XBOX OFF and re-flash the chip. You can use this technique if you just want to change your bios as well. This chip is not as versatile as the Xecuter line or the Xenium and I did have to use a longer screw than provided on both installs and on one install I had to use a longer screw and a thinner washer but the chips seems stable once installed and it is cheap! I modded two boxes just to use XBMC and for that it was a bargain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users