#1 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 May 2003 - 10:57 PM

Im thinking about doing the simple mod of changing the front led in the xbox form green to red. I was just reading some a problem that this one guy had, he sayed that he broke a trase. I was wondering if i break a trace on the eject button board witht he leds on it would i still be able to boot up my xbox? but if you just switched the 5th and 6th yellow wires and the 7th and 8th yellow wires, would it be easy to mess it up i read a tutorial on it but what are the chances of messing the xbox up?

#2 scsitit

scsitit

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:00 PM

do it, dont be retarded.

see, i can be helpful.

#3 pilo18

pilo18

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:01 PM

breaking a trace will not harm your xbox. If you burn the circuit board you could attempt to repair it or just but a new one. They go for $5-10 U.S (Various sites, ebay, etc).

#4 420BudMan420

420BudMan420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 11:27 PM

just switch the wires and you dont have to solder or anything the newbiest of newbies could do it. i cant find the link but if you take the chip out and look at it where the wires are on the right they are numbered 1-9 where 1 starts at the bottom and 9 at the top. all you have to do is switch wires 5and6 then switch 7and8 or just switch one pair and have one half red one half green. there is a link somewhere but i couldnt find it. if you look for it you will see the pictures of how to do it. hope this helps.

#5 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 May 2003 - 12:42 AM

^^^ do above! works really good.

#6 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 May 2003 - 05:05 AM

And if nothing else, if you pooch your board, I have a spare one laying around...

#7 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:I install all mods for XBOX. You need it done, I can do it. PM me or email me nachonut@nyc.rr.com

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:31 PM

Just do the wire switch trick... it works perfectly and just reverses the red and green signals for the system.

No soldering or antyhing hard involved..

#8 snivlem

snivlem

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:19 PM

yeah it's real easy.

Just make sure to use common sense when doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users