• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#166 xRTNx R3NEGADE

xRTNx R3NEGADE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:23 AM

sweet job dude i am in love with gears of war so when i googles it and saw your xbox i knew i had to send you a messag saying nice job and ohh... im jealous of it

p.s. do u think they will come out with a gears of war xbox like the halo one

#167 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

funny this thread should be brought back from the dead,

i was just thinking about maybe making one for gears 2, except going all out and then selling it as a complete unit to one lucky punter, simply because i still regularly get pm's from people asking if I will make them one or if im willing to sell the first (which i did a long time ago).

Ill see how i feel come september/october smile.gif

if MS is reading, feel free to donate me a 360 laugh.gif

ive also put all the pics into post1 so everyone can see them.

Edited by grim_d, 26 March 2008 - 03:38 AM.

#168 SlickWilly440

SlickWilly440

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

^
How much money did you get for the sale of the first one?

#169 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(SlickWilly440 @ Mar 26 2008, 03:05 PM) View Post

^
How much money did you get for the sale of the first one?

not much, i sold the case (not the console) to a guy in exhange for his case, got bout 60 or something, i sw it on ebay a few months ago though, so have no idea where it is now.

Edited by grim_d, 26 March 2008 - 04:51 PM.

#170 xRTNx R3NEGADE

xRTNx R3NEGADE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:11 AM

im not ms but if i gave you my xbox and whatever it costs to make it do u think u can make me the gears 2 xbox please get back to me...if not, thats cool, still admire the work

#171 thehoweller

thehoweller

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

Sad when M$ gets more attention, and money, for slapping a GTA4 sticker on the side of a 360; than you do for making that.

Well done, it looks beautiful!

#172 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(xRTNx R3NEGADE @ Mar 27 2008, 02:47 AM) View Post

im not ms but if i gave you my xbox and whatever it costs to make it do u think u can make me the gears 2 xbox please get back to me...if not, thats cool, still admire the work

sorry no, it's too much of a risk, also, in accordance with the rules no posts of this sort please.

#173 nos33

nos33

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:My interests are modding my 360. Computers and other electronics, Painting and Airbrushing as well.
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

If Micro$uck is going to do a custom case they need to look here before they do anything permanent. There have been tons of damn good ideas float around here, and most of them have been done and done well. Like Grims Gears of War case he did. I mean damn that was a sexy piece of work. And I am quite fond of my own Assassins Creed case that I did a while back. So if Micro$uck is reading this, their GTA4 custom case is a piece of crap. I mean how little thought can you put into a case. I can just see their design group in a room saying, "lets make a case shiny with a sticker on the side. Then lets make nothing else match." I know that I am rambling here but oh well. I have been thinking about this ever since they announced that stupid case. (This rant is not including the SE Halo3 case. I like it and thought they did a decent job on it. )

#174 alpha_prime

alpha_prime

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

Hey grim_d, if you do decide on making a GOW 2 case, maybe change the colorscheme to black/white, like the limited edition box. It might be nice if you did a 'bloodspatter' effect or grunge effect with those colors, i did that on mine some time ago, it was fun to do and it looked pretty good (even more so if you buff it up and make it shine)

#175 K P 6

K P 6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:34 AM

Are you selling these at all or what? I know people that would buy these.....are you making them for people?

Edited by K P 6, 19 July 2008 - 04:38 AM.

#176 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(K P 6 @ Jul 19 2008, 05:10 AM) View Post

Are you selling these at all or what? I know people that would buy these.....are you making them for people?

sorry no it would be impossible to recoup the overheads, people wont pay that kind of money for a new console with no warranty.

#177 dfwmonkie

dfwmonkie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:57 AM

very nice ! but just wait till im done with my gears case ...its gona blow any gears themed case out of the water ...so be on the look out for my case modd ...my last case mod was the Got Gator case ...nice work bro

#178 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE(dfwmonkie @ Jul 28 2008, 02:33 AM) View Post

very nice ! but just wait till im done with my gears case ...its gona blow any gears themed case out of the water ...so be on the look out for my case modd ...my last case mod was the Got Gator case ...nice work bro

yep the gator one was pretty cool, looking forward to your gears one smile.gif

#179 Bluefish2456

Bluefish2456

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:10 AM

Hello,

After a long search for the master creator of this awesome Xbox 360 Case mod, my search is finally over. The instant I laid my eyes on this mod, I had to have one! I'm a HUGE Gears of War fan. I have everything from posters, games (PC and 360), to figurines, you name it.

I know what you're thinking. Yes, I want to know if you're still making this mod and/or selling it as well. I am more than willing to negotiate a price with you. Please, this is a request from a Gears of War fan. This would complete my Gears of War memorabilia, by being the heart and soul of my entire collection.

I have the Xbox 360 Elite. If you agree, do I have to ship you the entire Xbox 360 or just that one side panel? Of course, I will pay for all shipping, round trip, and compensate you nicely for making the mod for my system.

If you no longer work on this mod, and simply cannot fulfill my request, please direct me to someone who can and will!

I'm from Los Angeles, California by the way. Here is my email: bluefish_2456@hotmail.com. I am an adult, just throwing that out there because I know you must get younger people asking about this.

If you know of any website that does mods, I'll gladly take your recommendations. Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you soon!

- Elann M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users